1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice on Handlebar Risers

Discussion in 'Norton Commando Motorcycles (Classic)' started by billbee, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. billbee


    Apr 20, 2006
    Hello all,
    I am new to this group... I would like to put "drag bars" on my '70 Commando, using stock triple tree bar mounts. Does anyone know of a riser or spacer that may be used to raise the bars another 1 1/2" to 2". Thanks, any comments appreciated BB
  2. Driggs


    Jul 18, 2005
    i dont know of anyone who makes one, but if you take your handlebar triple tee caps (the two half moon shapes that hold the handlebar down) to any machine shop and they could cut you an extension that would enable you to keep the bottom tree mount and the top mounts.

    im not the best at explaining, but do i make any sense??

    (0) <-- stock unit.. the ( is the triple tee bottom, the 0 is the handlebar, the ) is the upper clamp thing.

    (=0) <-- the piece in between.. you could just source a longer bolt that would be long enough to go from top to bottom.
  3. vince


    Jan 8, 2006

    There are commercially made risers available, in Oz Ballards produce risers for trail bikes, one size fits all, perhaps worth a check for fitting to Nortons, they are usually a 30mm raise.

    I had the same issue and settled on a "naked bike" set of bars which are a good shape and clear all the fork and guage stuff on my mk3.

  4. Captain


    Nov 21, 2005
    Have you looked at were known as 'Z' bars... they would give that rise your looking for.. tho not the strongest of bars! other than than you'll have to find 'dog bones' you could clamp to a short piece in stock clamps with the rise you wanted and then the drag bars.. good luck!

Share This Page