Before I pull the cover off I thought I would just add a tag as it is too cold for the garage today. This is the third time I have rebuilt one without a problem up to now. With much reading in the Triumph and Haynes manual I find both giving information in two different procedures. I went for the Haynes method and set the camplate in neutral then offering the cover with the second tooth from the top of the gearchange quadrant in line with the gearchange spindel bushing. I had the bike running and there was no way to change a gear let alone get the usual one up and four down. When the bike was on the bench gears could be coaxed but seemed to always find an awful lot of false neutrals, I put that down to there being no oil in the box. Ideas welcome as to the next stage.