Taco at nite

Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
11,415
Country flag
Taco at nite


I spent the day slapping a few parts I got from Old Britts on the Nort and then had to tear into the Bultaco. The only ride this year was last weekend, other than that I haven't really touched the bike. Tomorrow is the National at The Farm at Chehalis so I needed to make sure the bike is running well. The carb was just filthy so I took it off, gave it a good clean. Cleaned the air filter. Changed the spark plug. She fired right up. Seems to be running just fine. The pic was taken after I gave it quick spritz to knock some chunks of grass off. It'll be a long hot day tomorrow.

While I love my Tacos I can't wait to get back to the Norton. Very good chance she'll fire up next week. Just to be sure I took the whole week off. :mrgreen:
 

grandpaul

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
12,456
Country flag
swooshdave said:
... Just to be sure I took the whole week off.

Oh, how I wish I had a good paying regular job with enough tenure to make the above statement!
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
11,415
Country flag
grandpaul said:
swooshdave said:
... Just to be sure I took the whole week off.

Oh, how I wish I had a good paying regular job with enough tenure to make the above statement!

Actually I take so little time off I'm now having to burn vacation or lose it.
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
11,415
Country flag
Taco at nite

Waiting at the first section of the day.

Taco at nite

Squeezing through the trees.

Taco at nite

8th place. There were probably 35-40 in my class so they gave trophies all the way down to 10th. First time I'd ever placed at one of these events.
 

grandpaul

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
12,456
Country flag
Cool!

I've got a good friend who is a neighbor and classic enthusiast. He's been doing vintage and modern trials as a novice for the last few years. That bug bit him HARD. He placed regionally last year after some tough meets with some REALLY good "novices".
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
11,415
Country flag
grandpaul said:
Cool!

I've got a good friend who is a neighbor and classic enthusiast. He's been doing vintage and modern trials as a novice for the last few years. That bug bit him HARD. He placed regionally last year after some tough meets with some REALLY good "novices".

That's the real problem, the trials is "loosely regulated". Classes are voluntary, and usually the only way someone moves up is with a public shaming during the awards. If I consistently cleared loops I'd move myself up. This last trials wasn't the most difficult and I managed to clear the last loop. But that's the first time that's ever happened. I screwed up the first loop or else I would have done a lot better.

I've placed a couple times regionally (although last year they wouldn't give me a trophy) without even coming close at an event.

This year I've been spending all my play money on the damn Norton! :mrgreen:
 
Top