Yamaha`s Strange Brit-bike fetish.

Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
I guess that like most of what you post it is a bunch of bull excrement. most of the early 70's manuals stated that it was a normal procedure to remove the mufflers and DE COKE them. I will give it to you that it is NOT THE NORM today with the oils available and the cleaner running ring dings. you still have not shown me JUST one over 50 CC that is road legal in the US either.

J.A.W. said:
DE-COKING! You have been out of the loop for a century or 3 eh, Matt.
That is reserved for oil hungry old F-head Rovers & their ilk,... so how is the bean oil diet going anyhow, still smoking too much?
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
1,438
Ah, bull, I mean - bill, you again. I never claimed you could go into a U.S. showroom & buy a new 2T roadbike, You CAN buy one elsewhere in this big wide world, & we`ll see if BMW comes through on their "STRONG HINTS". So, did you want to put a quid on it? Did you put a quid down on a NEW 961?
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
and as usual you did not disprove this either!! as to buying a ding pop I could care less and it is irrelevant if it is sold else where. I like clean air and it does not meet our standards for that. you refuse to see that it is a dying engine design and as other country's get stricter on emissions it will go away there also. in the US some places you cant even buy a ring ding weed eater and I have even had to de coke the muffler on them.

J.A.W. said:
Ah, bull, I mean - bill, you again. I never claimed you could go into a U.S. showroom & buy a new 2T roadbike, You CAN buy one elsewhere in this big wide world, & we`ll see if BMW comes through on their "STRONG HINTS". So, did you want to put a quid on it? Did you put a quid down on a NEW 961?
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
In another thread you sure hinted that they had one for sale in the us and you were AGAIN proven WRONG as I kept trying to tell you there are NO NEW ring ding road bikes for sale here. oh I get it, I made up these quotes also.

J.A.W. said:
Bill, in you initial post on this thread you used the term "bollocks" - that term sums up all your posts on this thread...I rode to work today on a 2T...
& WRONG AGAIN here is a brand new, for sale, Euro 3 emissions compliant 2T roadbike..
http://www.aprilia.com/model40/rst125/overview.aspx
J.A.W. said:
Ah, bull, I mean - bill, you again. I never claimed you could go into a U.S. showroom & buy a new 2T roadbike
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
1,438
Bill, are you HERE -on planet Earth? If so, you CAN buy a brand NEW emissions compliant 2T roadbike..
But since you dont want to anyway, what is your point? & How is your rant relevant to this thread?
Stop making things up to compensate for being WRONG.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
I know I am on EARTH along with you but this one must be the visitor :lol:

Matt Spencer said:
WHICH planet , Do You say Were On ! :shock:
AGAIN it is the same mistake where you state" YOU can buy" one, I CANNOT buy one in the US and I CANNOT go and buy one outside the US and bring it back. It sofar does not meet OUR emissions and all the hints of one offered are just that, hints

J.A.W. said:
Bill, are you HERE -on planet Earth? If so, you CAN buy a brand NEW emissions compliant 2T roadbike..
But since you dont want to anyway, what is your point? & How is your rant relevant to this thread?
Stop making things up to compensate for being WRONG.
 

L.A.B.

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
15,449
Country flag

grandpaul

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
10,892
Country flag
Semantics.

"ONE" can buy one (road legal 2-stroke motorcycle) ...

...in most countries other than the ridiculously over-regulated USA.
 

bwolfie

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
3,289
Can't most 2T dirt bikes be purchased new, and easily converted for street use. Ala super moto.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
I know that they are still available outside the US.you also have some clean Diesel car's we cannot get here thanks to the EPA that IMHO is a far cry better on the environment than the current hybrids.I was in England back in the 90's with a friend from there so I got to see the real country, not some tourist excursion company. I seen some neat bikes we never get in the states along with some beautiful country side. But as heavily as we are regulated on vehicle emissions I think I will stay where I am as I still have a right to self defense in or out of my home and still have my firearms to do it with.

L.A.B. said:
Emigrate?

But seriously, 2 stroke road bikes are still available outside of the USA.

http://www.jawamotorcycles.co.uk/models.html

http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/Model/40/R ... rview.aspx
 

L.A.B.

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
15,449
Country flag
bill said:
I think I will stay where I am as I still have a right to self defense in or out of my home and still have my firearms to do it with.
Anyone has a right use reasonable force to defend themselves and others here too, but I'm glad that doesn't involve keeping guns, the majority of which are illegal to own here. Gun ownership and culture isn't something the average UK (and many other countries too) person grows up with, so I guess we don't miss it. I think the average British person is probably just as safe walking the streets, or sleeping in his or her bed without having to keep a gun handy.

And I hope this thread does not turn into an anti/pro gun argument.
 
Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
8,216
L.A.B. said:
And I hope this thread does not turn into an anti/pro gun argument.
Since you are the moderator, is this a subtle "this WILL NOT turn into a gun argument" ??!
 

L.A.B.

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
15,449
Country flag
Rohan said:
L.A.B. said:
And I hope this thread does not turn into an anti/pro gun argument.
Since you are the moderator, is this a subtle "this WILL NOT turn into a gun argument" ??!
Yes, I think that would be a reasonably accurate interpretation. :wink:
 
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
4,942
Country flag
"We will fight them on the beaches ,
we will fight them on the landing grounds ,
We will fight them on the hills ,
we shall never surreder ,
and if that doesnt work , we'll hit them over the head with empty beer bottles '"

Apparently he had his hand over the microphone at one bit . :wink:
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
95
Country flag
I'd not be ready to write-off the two stroke in north america, or anywhere just yet. The direct-injection Rotax two strokes in Bombardier snowmobiles meet all emissions and fuel economy standards as well as four strokes, same with Evinrude and Mercury two stroke outboard motors. All the while they maintain the traditional advantages of two strokes like compactness and power to weight ratio.

All we need is a manufacturer to put a sport bike together with this type of engine, a v twin 500cc perhaps...I hope so.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
1,967
Country flag
So far none of these meet the ON ROAD US emission standards. The OFF ROAD standards are more lax SO FAR. The Evinrude and Mercury outboards are a VERY complex and EXPENSIVE engine to repair.

northern750 said:
I'd not be ready to write-off the two stroke in north america, or anywhere just yet. The direct-injection Rotax two strokes in Bombardier snowmobiles meet all emissions and fuel economy standards as well as four strokes, same with Evinrude and Mercury two stroke outboard motors. All the while they maintain the traditional advantages of two strokes like compactness and power to weight ratio.

All we need is a manufacturer to put a sport bike together with this type of engine, a v twin 500cc perhaps...I hope so.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
1,438
Bill, how EXPENSIVE is a 4T outboard to repair - when the CAMBELT lets go & the VALVES collect the PISTONS?
Would that be VERY?, Or VERY,VERY? L.O.L.
 

grandpaul

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
10,892
Country flag
northern750 said:
I'd not be ready to write-off the two stroke in north america, or anywhere just yet. The direct-injection Rotax two strokes in Bombardier snowmobiles meet all emissions and fuel economy standards as well as four strokes, same with Evinrude and Mercury two stroke outboard motors. All the while they maintain the traditional advantages of two strokes like compactness and power to weight ratio.

All we need is a manufacturer to put a sport bike together with this type of engine, a v twin 500cc perhaps...I hope so.
YAHTZEE!
 

grandpaul

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
10,892
Country flag
bill said:
The Evinrude and Mercury outboards are a VERY complex and EXPENSIVE engine to repair.
Ever seen the repair bills for harley cam replacements, Hyabusa transmission replacement, etc?
 
Top