Discussion in 'Access Norton Pub' started by gortnipper, Mar 1, 2020.
You cant be too careful.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE SHARE.
My method for prevention of flu and colds:
2 drops of Lugol's Iodine (5%) rubbed into the skin after morning shower.
Very scientific .....
Iodine as everyone knows is an antiseptic.
95% of iodine in the body is stored in the thyroid gland.
Every 20 minutes, the entire blood volume circulates thru the thyroid
Pathogens which get into the blood are killed on contact with the iodine.
In over 20 years of using Lugol's, I have had only one case of flu or cold, and that occurred after leaving on a road trip, and leaving my Lugol's at home.
Good health to all,
BTW ..... most everyone is iodine insufficient, unless you dine on seaweed.
Thanks for sharing. This should be front page on every paper and news cast.
Heard all my life about warm salt water etc.
Never realized that warmth helps kills virusus.
Does explain a little about Hot Chicken soup, warm tea etc...
Very odd, if you google this set of advice the first time it was posted was on facebook and dated 11th Dec 2019.
So this is more likely general advice for Coronavirus rather than specific to the Wuhan COVID-19 varient which did not appear until late Dec 2019.
Or did someone know about it earlier ?
How have I never heard of this before?
Big Pharma would rather sell you a flu shot twice a year ......
This is what we call folk treatment and pseudo science.
The statement that 26 deg kills it is laughable. If so virus is killed once at body temp (37) !
I have an M.Sc. in virology. Many viruses are inactivated by dessication/drying out. Some are not. How long they can remain infectious on surfaces depends on many many factors. UV light is generally effective at inactivation because it can breakdown the fragile surface proteins used to latch onto cell surfaces. But this is highly dependant on UV intensity and duration and what substance the virus particles are sitting in. Understand that the virus is not floating around free and exposed, the particles are present in micro droplets of water or mucus etc. This makes inactivation quite difficult for periods of time in the immediate environment.
COVID-19 is too new for studies to have been done to know how long it can persist on surfaces or in the air.
Wearing masks is more useful for people already infected to reduce viral shedding to surrounding people. A mask can actually make you more at risk of catching it because most people do not use proper mask techniques and improper types.
Best advice : Frequent hand washing, avoiding touching your face (hard to do, typically 1000+ times per day), cover coughs.
I was suspicious about the temperature when I saw it. The whole thing was something I copied and pasted. As the whole thing is so new all kinds of preventative theories keep cropping up, I just wonder if one of my daily trips to the loo where I produce a really smelly output would make the virus germs turn back as they couldn't stand the smell!
Here you go:
Tornado that is seriously ‘bad science’...
I mean, how old is ‘vintage’? Does the virus killing effect have sliding scale with age? Does a veteran motorcycle have an even better effect? If I ride a newer motorcycle with less effect, but for longer, will it work? Does it matter how fast I go? Is the effect better with synthetic engine oil? Does it matter which ign system is fitted? Is blue the best colour?
We need answers ...
And should we be following someone on a tuned up big single that produces the aroma of Castrol R which we breathe in while we ride?
The study found that the high nitrous and carbon monoxides released by vintage bike exhausts is responsible for viral-cidal effects. Some further work has also implicated the EMI emitted from older non-shielded ignition systems which imparts an electrostatic charge to viral particles, making them more fragile.
Perfect, I rode my Mk3 and mk3 in the 80s/90s like that. Listening to this as well...
The Corona virus comes from Mexico, not China. You get it from drinking Corona beer.
In NZ, we have to wear a lot of SPF 50 on hot summer days to protect us from the viral corona
A Corona drink left out in this on a hot day will be sizzling !
The Dow going down big time again today. If this virus spreads much more the economic consequences will be a lot more serious than a declining stock market. The whole travel and tourism industries will be decimated. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Schools closed.
There are no effective viral handwashes to be bought in the shops ,what is to be found work only on bacteria. Thinking of topping up our bottles when half empty with vodka or rum ,for the alcohol content. Could work , the government seem right out of ideas. Wedge the public loo doors open, no need to touch then.