After a rather protracted period of collecting the parts as funds allowed and going backwards and forwards with different ideas, I’m finally on a push to get this thing done. Details of the prep and the backwards and forwards thinking for this can be found here: https://www.accessnorton.com/NortonCommando/920-engine-build-waffle-2016.22080/ Long story short: the existing Jim&Jim (that’s Schmidt and Comstock) 850 engine is too good to cannibalise I decided. So it, and the stock gearbox, are coming out and being checked over to be kept as ‘ready to go’ spares. In their place is going a Maney 920 stage 3 motor, TTI heavy duty 5 speed box and Maney belt drive. First job, out with the old engine and box etc: Fitting the TTI box involves removal of quite a bit of metal from the cradle. I removed the cradle from the frame to do this. Nevertheless it was still a PITA of a job! But with the cradle out I took the opportunity to remove powder coat from the key mounting faces, something I should have done before! The Maney primary drive I’ll be using in place of the Norvil kit will raise the primary gearing a little, so I’ve gone down one tooth on the gearbox sprocket (from 22 to 21): I fitted a black finish carbon front mudguard last year and the miss-match with shiny polished stainless rear one bothered me. So I made it black whilst it’s down this far. I also scotchbrited the hitherto shiny alloy rear light as part of the overal de-blinging exercise: I want to go from an ‘across the frame’ battery tray style to an ‘in line’ style so that I can shuffle things around. Motivation for this is I intend to use a high level 2:1 Maney style exhaust pipe and want to mount the side panel a little further in, away from the exhaust (the frame isn’t as bad as it looks in this pic honest), here’s the first steps to re-arrange the battery tray area: I dropped the empty Maney cases in today to make sure the engine and cradle fit together nicely, which they do. The cylinder head is being sent away for tumble cleaning now. Next job on the chassis is getting the rear wheel in (as soon as AN pull there finger out). Next job on the engine is to start assembly of the bottom end.