Hey guys, having issues with my new (old) commando. I bought it a couple weeks ago with 12,014 miles on it - all of the work below had been done to it at 12,000 miles right before i bought it by PO (notes are from mechanic). It has been running great and I have actually been using it as a daily driver. It currently has 12,200 miles on it. Went on a 30 mile ride yesterday and it was running great. Then out of nowhere it has just started running rough. Hard to start (was relatively easy) and it will sometimes die at idle. Decent amount of backfiring out of the right cylinder. I thought maybe it was just the change in temp (In Phoenix so it goes from 45 - 75 degrees daily) but its still running rough. Runs clean above 3,000 RPM so thinking its the idle circuit. So this morning went and got some carb cleaner and have a tool the mechanic gave me and cleaned out the idle jets on both carbs. Reset the idle to around 1,000 by tweaking the carbs but if I go around the block it still backfires out of the right cylinder and then when I park and put it in neutral the idle hangs quite high at like 1,500 RPM and won't settle back down unless I tweak the carb screws. Any thoughts? I've dealt with Amals on my Triumph Daytona T100R but never had the backfiring before. Below is a list of all the work done. Thanks ,Eric Work done: New plugs, new battery, set timing (Boyer EI), cleaned carbs, new plugs, new wires. Set valves I took a look at your bike this morning: 1. The rear tire is a tire made for front wheel usage. It is installed "backwards" as the rotation for the rear wheel is reversed from the rotation for the front wheel. EX: The front wheel is "pushed" by the road. The rear wheel "pushes" against the road. 2. Both the front and rear tires should be replaced anyway as they are beyond the recommended 4 to 7 year lifespan for tires. 3. For the "Tune UP" I will check/set the valves, clean the carbs, check the ignition timing, install new plugs, and change all the oils. Made a battery restraint. Pulled the air cleaner and cleaned it. Pulled the carbs, disassembled them, and cleaned them. Rerouted the rocker oil lines. Rerouted the crankcase breather tube. The carb needles are worn beyond reuse. I have a friend who stocks Brit-Parts and he has new needles. I will get two new ones tomorrow. Tomorrow: Reassemble and mount the carbs. Set the valve clearances. Change all the oils. Reinstall the tank and gas lines. Install filters in the gas lines. Bought new carb needles and reassembled the carbs. Installed the carbs. Lube'd the carb and choke cables. Checked the valve clearances and found them ok as is. Bought a new side cover twist lock assembly and installed it. Tomorrow: Change all the oils. Reinstall the tank and gas lines. Install filters in the gas lines. Checked Static Timing. The bike will run at this setting, but the timing will be rechecked with a strobe light for greater accuracy. Drained and changed the fork oils, the primary case oil, the engine oil, and the tranny oils. Installed a new oil filter. Installed the gas tank. Installed the gas lines. Installed in-line filters in the gas lines. Installed the %^$#& stock air filter assy. Made new spark plug wires. Checked the front brake switch. It was bad. Next: Purchase new brake switch locally if possible, if not order it. Start the bike and strobe check the ignition timing. I found a brake switch locally and bought and installed it. I bled the front brake system. Started the bike and strobe set the ignition timing. Set the pilot air mixture and idle speed. Installed the side covers and seat. The bike is ready for a ride test. I will try to get that done today.