Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Trump seems to be doing well so far...

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

Re: Trump seems to be doing well so far...

Postby frankdamp » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:25 am

Trump isn't "off his head". He has always been like he is now. He's only a billionaire because his father rescued him from bankruptcy a couple of times and got him started in the business of owning and developing properties. I wish he would wise up and resign, but then we'd get President Pence, which could be just as bad. Roll on 2018, so we can at least kill his overwhelming majorities, then 2020 when we can get rid of the buffoon without getting Pence in the job.
Frank Damp
ex-Norton Villiers - Marston Road
Develpment & Competition Department
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby baz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 pm

frankdamp wrote:Trump isn't "off his head". He has always been like he is now. He's only a billionaire because his father rescued him from bankruptcy a couple of times and got him started in the business of owning and developing properties. I wish he would wise up and resign, but then we'd get President Pence, which could be just as bad. Roll on 2018, so we can at least kill his overwhelming majorities, then 2020 when we can get rid of the buffoon without getting Pence in the job.

So are you an American citizen now and able to vote him out?
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
baz
VIP MEMBER

Postby lazyeye6 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Oh, my! The man worked for a Norton factory and been in America (legally) paying taxes for 40 or so years.
1974 Roadster
1975 Roadster
1970 Triumph Tiger
2016 Yamaha FZ-07

lazyeye6

Postby frankdamp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 am

No, I'm not a citizen. I used the word "we" as a general term, not to indicate I could vote.
Frank Damp
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby baz » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 am

frankdamp wrote:No, I'm not a citizen. I used the word "we" as a general term, not to indicate I could vote.

the point is that the "we" that you speak of have already spoken with their vote,that's why you have Trump
baz
VIP MEMBER

Postby frankdamp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Actually the "we" elected Hillary by a 2-million vote margin. It was the Electoral College that "tweaked" things to get Trump as President. If I'd been able to vote, I would heve written in "Neither of the above". I sure wish the US had a primary election to choose each party's candidates. Getting the "lesser of two evils" has shown that the winner is still evil.
Frank Damp
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby acotrel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 pm

With all of these characters, the reaction might be more important than the immediate effect. Perhaps in future more people will take their right to vote in a democracy, much more seriously ?

acotrel

Postby Matt Spencer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:27 am

Trump isn't "off his head". He has always been like he is now.

No. The Media Are , theyve always been a bit that way . But the wonders of tecnology means bullshit rules over facts .
The Japanese response to ' styling ' , was to add more .

Matt Spencer

Postby bill » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 pm

the electoral collage DID NOT tweek any thing it worked just it was intended to. the founding father's set it up this way so that just a few states could not elect a president over the rest of the states. if it worked as you want than cal. and NY. could pretty much a president. just like the US was not founded as a democracy contrary to what people think. we did have a primary but the democrat's rigged theirs against burnme sanders for the witch. and trump won his against what most thought would happen.

PS you still here as you said if trump won you would go home.
don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

frankdamp wrote:Actually the "we" elected Hillary by a 2-million vote margin. It was the Electoral College that "tweaked" things to get Trump as President. If I'd been able to vote, I would heve written in "Neither of the above". I sure wish the US had a primary election to choose each party's candidates. Getting the "lesser of two evils" has shown that the winner is still evil.
Windy
72 combat
www.switchbackcreek.com

bill

Postby Fast Eddie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 am

bill wrote:the electoral collage DID NOT tweek any thing it worked just it was intended to. the founding father's set it up this way so that just a few states could not elect a president over the rest of the states. if it worked as you want than cal. and NY. could pretty much a president. just like the US was not founded as a democracy contrary to what people think. we did have a primary but the democrat's rigged theirs against burnme sanders for the witch. and trump won his against what most thought would happen.

PS you still here as you said if trump won you would go home.
don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

frankdamp wrote:Actually the "we" elected Hillary by a 2-million vote margin. It was the Electoral College that "tweaked" things to get Trump as President. If I'd been able to vote, I would heve written in "Neither of the above". I sure wish the US had a primary election to choose each party's candidates. Getting the "lesser of two evils" has shown that the winner is still evil.

There was a little media frenzy claiming that lots of people were planning to emigrate if Trump got in, web sites about emigrating to a Canada crashed, various celebrities claiming they'd leave, etc,etc.

Did they??
Fast Eddie
VIP MEMBER

Postby bill » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:49 pm

fast eddie
sad to say just like frank not one of them have kept there promise :shock:
frank is just here to suck up the honey without becoming a participating member of our society so as i stated don't let the door hit him in the a$$.
Windy
72 combat
www.switchbackcreek.com

bill

Postby acotrel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Whenever anybody tells me anything, I always take note of their body language and speech patterns.

acotrel

Postby Snorton74 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Irony is always lost with cons. Keep diggin knuckle draggers...
Self sponsored

Snorton74
View Photo Album - Images: 0

Postby lazyeye6 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 pm

acotrel wrote:Whenever anybody tells me anything, I always take note of their body language and speech patterns.

I also make note of the region they claim as home. :idea: Perhaps all immigrants should go home. That would solve everything.
1974 Roadster
1975 Roadster
1970 Triumph Tiger
2016 Yamaha FZ-07

lazyeye6

Postby acotrel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:37 pm

In Australia we say that sort of thing about Pommie bastards, probably because they make us feel inferior. We are much more at home with Americans because they saved us in WW2 and the 1917-1918 war in Europe..

acotrel

PreviousNext

Return to Access Norton Pub