Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Trump seems to be doing well so far...

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

Re: Trump seems to be doing well so far...

Postby acotrel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

'The national media, here in the U.S., has been, and remains, the domain of the Left. '

Rupert Murdoch is left-wing ? - I don't think so !

acotrel

Postby frankdamp » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:19 am

Neither is Breitbart!
Frank Damp
ex-Norton Villiers - Marston Road
Develpment & Competition Department
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby Danno » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 am

xbacksideslider wrote:The national media, here in the U.S., has been, and remains, the domain of the Left.

So it has been ever since Franklin Delano Roosevelt "packed" the Federal Communications Commission in the 1930s. At that time radio was the place where the innovation, growth, excitement and money was at. It was the growth industry of the '30s and the big newspapers and publishing houses all owned radio stations. FDR yanked FCC licenses from yokels and enemies and handed them out to his Democrat friends - NBC and CBS were his particular favorites. Newspapers took the hint and their owners kept and got more FCC licenses. Lyndon Johnson, as a congressman from Texas, got rich on radio stations/licenses handed to him by FDR's flunkies at the FCC. Ideological nepotism persists in network newsrooms and journalism schools to this day.

It's very easy, as The Donald has demonstrated, to downgrade anything you don't agree with and then put a dismissive label on it to pigeonhole it and forget about one thing that has no side of politics: THE TRUTH.

So let's examine truth in media for a moment. Faux Noize was created to purposely spin any small grain of truth wildly out of control to the right, so all the dolts looking on at home who are not satisfied with normal media can nod and agree with what they already think, regardless of veracity. The truth has taken a backseat to sensationalist hogwash that excites the masses and gets them posting more hogwash on social media because they're not smart enough to think for themselves and delineate the actual truth hidden in the bullshit.

So along comes candidate Trump, spouting ridiculous slander about his opponents and ignoring factual truth in favor os crass sensationalism. Did he steal this tactic from the media, which can say nearly everything askew of actual reality in the name of selling commercial time? Sticking with the girl he came with, President Trump continues to puke lies, half truths, and self-aggrandizement and his idiot minions and followers ring like tuning forks. How often does a lie require repeating until it becomes accepted as truth? Not very often, evidently. Please post a link from one of your political bloggers that refutes this. I'm sure it's already been printed.
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Danno
VIP MEMBER

Postby Rohan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 am

Perhaps this says it all

Rohan

Postby xbacksideslider » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 am

Danno -

In addition to charging too much, cartels and monopolies miss market segments.
Eighty years later, the licenses granted to the Left by FDR's packed FCC remain in the hands of the Left.
The rise of cable TV broke that ideological oligopoly because FCC does not license cable.
Real competition - of political content - entered the scene. No longer one sided.
That is why Fox is successful. Fox feeds a demand that the leftists of the MSM starved for seven decades.

That's also why Trump won. Neither Republicans or Democrats were serving the interests of "flyover country," especially the blue collar "rust belt." That's why so many union blue collar voters went for Trump. Further, Blacks in the "rust belt" states stayed home, refused to vote for Clinton.
John Laing
1973 750 #220000
1986 GSXR 1100
2008 CBR 1000
1986 Shelby GLHS #463

xbacksideslider

Postby acotrel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 pm

I am 75 years of age and retired. If I learned only one thing during my working life, it is that 'the system runs on bullshit'. Once you understand that, your expectations are not so high. If you look at the media and the advertising industry, it is all based on LIES. More journalists are employed by politicians than in the media ? However there is a way to handle the situation. Risk can be assessed in terms of likelihood and potential consequences. 'Likelihood' is an expression of probability. Often it is possible to detect LIES by recognising the agenda. Also body language and speech patterns are often a give-away. The problem with the latter is the sometimes liars believe their own bullshit. With experience, it is probably possible to know when ANYONE is telling lies.

acotrel

Postby acotrel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:25 pm

There is one thing to remember about Donald Trump - 'life is a learning experience'. America will learn about VALUES.

acotrel

Postby frankdamp » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:34 pm

President Fart is also teaching us about raving idiots in places pf power - by demonstration!
Frank Damp
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby bill » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:15 pm

here we go again with the name calling from someone that has the opportunity to register to vote but resorts to childish playground antics instead of offering something constructive. i took the time to LISTEN to him friday and most of what he stated makes good sense, protect OUR borders, lower tax's on corp's to bring JOB'S back ( you do know we have the highest corp tax rate) , simplify the tax code, repeal and replace obama care, ( insurance co. are leaving it instead of going broke ) to name a few things. what can you contribute other than name calling ?

frankdamp wrote:President Fart is also teaching us about raving idiots in places pf power - by demonstration!
Windy
72 combat
www.switchbackcreek.com

bill

Postby Rohan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

I can't help thinking the Prez declaring war on the press, and calling them names, is not a good sign.
And precisely what you accuse Frank of doing. ?!!
If he doesn't get them on board, or learn how to handle them, then this is going to be a rough time.

Oddly, Mr Pence got good press internationally with his visits to Sth Korea, Japan, etc.
Seemed very sensible, and made all the right noises in all the right places.

Rohan

Postby frankdamp » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:48 am

Correction, Windy Bill. I DON'T have the opportunity to vote since I'm not a US citizen, but an alien immigrant (British).
Frank Damp
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby bill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:29 pm

you would have IF you got your citizenship. you have been here for how many years ( from your post I am guessing over 40 ) and refuse to participate. IMHO that makes you a taker. you came for a better life so why do you refuse to become a citizen, is it because you still want to be able to go back to take from GB,s free medical with out paying for it also. if so it just proves my point. YOU ARE A TAKER.

frankdamp wrote:Correction, Windy Bill. I DON'T have the opportunity to vote since I'm not a US citizen, but an alien immigrant (British).
Windy
72 combat
www.switchbackcreek.com

bill

Postby frankdamp » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Actually, almost 50 years. Why I choose not to become a US citizen is nobody's business but mine. Incidentally neither my wife or our two older daughters emigrated with us have changed either.

Myob!
Frank Damp
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby bill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:27 pm

well if you dont want to become a citizen and participate than SHUT UP about our POTUS!!!

frankdamp wrote:Actually, almost 50 years. Why I choose not to become a US citizen is nobody's business but mine. Incidentally neither my wife or our two older daughters emigrated with us have changed either.

Myob!
Windy
72 combat
www.switchbackcreek.com

bill

Postby nickguzzi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 am

Glad to see your respect for the 1st ammendment.

nickguzzi

PreviousNext

Return to Access Norton Pub