Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.


My IQ

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

My IQ

Postby worntorn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:58 am

I've always known that it's very high.

I have just completed a very difficult puzzle in a bit over one day.

It says "2-4 Years" on the box 8)

Glen

worntorn
Posts: 3441
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Langley, B.C.

Re: My IQ

Postby cjandme » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Now that is blistering Glen :)
Norton Fan by Bro w/'75MKIII
User avatar

cjandme
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Misawa, Japan

Re: My IQ

Postby ashman » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Wow you are smart, I never get to finish them, alway that one friggin peice missing.
User avatar

ashman
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queenslad, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby worntorn » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Fortunately this one only had 8 pieces.
Still challenging though.

Glen

worntorn
Posts: 3441
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Langley, B.C.

Re: My IQ

Postby DonOR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:38 am

what are you guys smokin?
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.

1972 Combat Roadster
User avatar

DonOR
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 pm
Location: windy 'n wet Volcano, Hawai'i

Re: My IQ

Postby acotrel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:03 pm

The last time I had an IQ test, I was stressed out of my brain. It was at night school when I was in my 20s. There was a 16 year-old kid there who scored much higher than almost everyone else. He started university at age 15. My score was a few points lower. Does IQ mean anything if you are susceptible to becoming stressed-out ? In the end it is probably better to be dumber and calmer - you might live longer.
User avatar

acotrel
Posts: 5815
- Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am
Location: Benalla, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby acotrel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 pm

You can improve your own IQ by being selective about what you read and doing a lot of it.
User avatar

acotrel
Posts: 5815
- Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am
Location: Benalla, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby worntorn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:01 am

Allan, with that IQ, you might be able to complete a "4-6 years" puzzle :mrgreen:

Glen
Last edited by worntorn on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

worntorn
Posts: 3441
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Langley, B.C.

Re: My IQ

Postby ashman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Whats a IQ, is that a brand of beer.
User avatar

ashman
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queenslad, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby acotrel » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:56 pm

If I have learned anything during my 75 years, it is 'the system runs on bullshit'. IQ tests are part of that. They fit in with eugenics - social engineering, where we breed out indolent working class people. A lot of things are pseudo-science pretending to be legit. Like economics - most of that is a load of crap. A perversion of psychology.
User avatar

acotrel
Posts: 5815
- Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am
Location: Benalla, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby acotrel » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
User avatar

acotrel
Posts: 5815
- Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am
Location: Benalla, Australia

Re: My IQ

Postby Bernhard » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 am

Well done, now upgrade yourself and build your first 3-D ;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332016288401? ... 1558.l2649

soon you will be building Airfix warships :!: :D

Bernhard
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 am
Location: Chesterfield England

Re: My IQ

Postby 84ok » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 pm

acotrel wrote:If I have learned anything during my 75 years, it is 'the system runs on bullshit'. IQ tests are part of that. They fit in with eugenics - social engineering, where we breed out indolent working class people. A lot of things are pseudo-science pretending to be legit. Like economics - most of that is a load of crap. A perversion of psychology.


a perversion of psychology?
x74 the torque be with you

84ok
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: canuk Sontario

Re: My IQ

Postby acotrel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:30 pm

You can improve your own IQ if you educate yourself by being selective in what you read. When I was at school, I hated history lessons. These days my reading is mainly either technical or it is biographies and histories.
User avatar

acotrel
Posts: 5815
- Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am
Location: Benalla, Australia


Return to Access Norton Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests