Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.


Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

(120 day listing) Access Norton is not affiliated with the parts for sale in anyway. By buying anything you are working directly with the seller.

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby jimbo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Cycle Goon wrote:
jaguar wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/152464387917?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Why???? Why would anyone start with such a pile when they could buy a running one with matching numbers for $6k. I guess it's true what they say about a fool and his money...

likes orphans? far less money ? , could "Make an Offer"? , The "part it out" guys will get this one I'm betting
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
jimbo
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:19 pm

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby profdave » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 am

Even for parts, it sounds scary. What can you do with a "re-stamped" engine or a frame with no (?) tag? Hang them on your living room wall?

profdave
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:37 am

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby lcrken » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:38 am

profdave wrote:Even for parts, it sounds scary. What can you do with a "re-stamped" engine or a frame with no (?) tag? Hang them on your living room wall?


Doesn't sound that difficult to me. Buy a new ID plate for the frame and stamp it to match the frame number. The engine number looks ok to me, no worse than some I have seen from the factory. Here in California anything that hasn't been registered since 1999/2000 can be easily registered with a statement of facts and an inspection, as long as it doesn't show up on the stolen vehicle list. On the other hand, it certainly does need a lot of restoration, so I'd certainly start with a lower offer.

Ken
User avatar
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
lcrken
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby Cycle Goon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:23 pm

lcrken wrote:
profdave wrote:Even for parts, it sounds scary. What can you do with a "re-stamped" engine or a frame with no (?) tag? Hang them on your living room wall?


Doesn't sound that difficult to me. Buy a new ID plate for the frame and stamp it to match the frame number. The engine number looks ok to me, no worse than some I have seen from the factory. Here in California anything that hasn't been registered since 1999/2000 can be easily registered with a statement of facts and an inspection, as long as it doesn't show up on the stolen vehicle list. On the other hand, it certainly does need a lot of restoration, so I'd certainly start with a lower offer.

Ken
Not worth a lower offer. What it will cost to get that pile of shit back in line, you will have WAY more into than just starting out with a better example. Maybe I'm cynical, but, I don't like wasting time or money

Cycle Goon
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:24 am

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby gortnipper » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:15 pm

The ad for that should read, "Was running and previously stolen at one time".
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
gortnipper
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 1207
View Photo Album - Images: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Location: Auckland, NZ

Mmm... after my own heart...

Postby gortnipper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Access Norton VIP Paying Member
gortnipper
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 1207
View Photo Album - Images: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:42 pm
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby lcrken » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm

1971 Hi-Rider looks complete and ready to restore, or just tidy it up and ride as is. Still hasn't hit the reserve, so it might be kind of pricey. I was tempted to check it out, since it's only about an hour away, but I already have too many projects going.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Norton-Hi- ... OR&vxp=mtr

Ken
User avatar
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
lcrken
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Mark wrote:1972 basket - $2500. - clear title - western colorado:
https://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/5999523495.html

He dropped the price - Now $1995./offer
https://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/5999523495.html

Mark
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:06 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby Cycle Goon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:01 am

I like seeing Combats on Ebay doing very well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cycle Goon
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:24 am

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby jaguar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 am


jaguar
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 am
Location: Albany NY

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby jaguar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 am

Cycle Goon wrote:I like seeing Combats on Ebay doing very well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Dont people fear them even more then "normal" Nortons due to engine issues?

jaguar
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 am
Location: Albany NY

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby Cycle Goon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:40 am

jaguar wrote:
Cycle Goon wrote:I like seeing Combats on Ebay doing very well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Dont people fear them even more then "normal" Nortons due to engine issues?
The fact that so many of them blew up is why people are looking for them now. Like how NO ONE wanted a Harley XLCR in 77/78, now, the prices of them are insane. If they have had the proper upgrades, they're a pretty solid engine.

Cycle Goon
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:24 am

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby rwalker28 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Access Norton VIP Paying Member
rwalker28
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Things I've seen on craigslist/Ebay

Postby Matt Spencer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:36 am

Image

Image

Couple of bush pig triump P.U. there , too .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-BSA-A10-NE ... Sw3v5Yt31h
The Japanese response to ' styling ' , was to add more .
User avatar

Matt Spencer
Posts: 4977
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:30 am
Location: Elsewhere .

price lowered on project down south,

Postby jimbo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 am

Access Norton VIP Paying Member
jimbo
VIP MEMBER
Posts: 1306
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest