Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

TAIWANESE PARTS AND SELLING OUT TO CHINA

Modern 961 Norton Commando Motorcycles

TAIWANESE PARTS AND SELLING OUT TO CHINA

Postby 961Story » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:30 am

As I mentioned previously, Taiwanese parts (all engine components) and most alloy chassis parts, used to build a British bike that is 80% British parts !!!!! As I have said in the past, just be honest about it !!!!!!
Now we find that Mr Garner has started selling out..............to China.
Oh well we bought the brand back to the UK to rescue it from the Yanks, to sell it to the Chinese.
Sad but hey a profit is a profit.

961Story

Re: TAIWANESE PARTS AND SELLING OUT TO CHINA

Postby peter12 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Might be worth going on the Norton website for an explanation but it certainly didn't read that they are selling out to anyone. Sounds like a good investment oportunity to me.
I keep seeing comments about profit but surely Norton needs to make a profit to survive, and to be able to invest. If not we end up with the same old story, they won't survive and it's all been for nothing.

peter12

Postby TonyA » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm

The Chinese firm will be making their own engines and paying the royalty. Better this then just have it copied and no royalties . I like the looks of the 650cc twin engine . A bit like a Kawasaki Ninja 650. Maybe someday a 690/700 ?

TonyA

Postby NortonFactoryUK » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:20 am

I suggest 961story, you read the press release it is an opportunity for the factory to increase its income so the brand can live on ! it is quite interesting that you make such a negative ill informed statement. perhaps if there wasnt so much negativity in the world, small manufacturers could rely on the enthusiasts alone. but in the real world sadly it doesnt work that way. we are proud of the fact that we have been able to sell a british designed engine to China, rather than the other way around !

Kev
Norton Motorcycles (UK) Ltd
Donington Hall
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2SG
United Kingdom
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
NortonFactoryUK
VIP MEMBER

Postby richard-7 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 am

I agree that is pretty remarkable considering china is trying to go full electric. Look up license plate lottery in china for gas vehicles. But Electric Vehicle can get a plate right away. Huge accomplishment Norton. Good job.

NortonFactoryUK wrote:I suggest 961story, you read the press release it is an opportunity for the factory to increase its income so the brand can live on ! it is quite interesting that you make such a negative ill informed statement. perhaps if there wasnt so much negativity in the world, small manufacturers could rely on the enthusiasts alone. but in the real world sadly it doesnt work that way. we are proud of the fact that we have been able to sell a british designed engine to China, rather than the other way around !

Kev
1977 Suzuki GT500 2-stroke Cafe Racer
2014 Norton 961 SE #112
My Flickr Account Photos
ONE07 Flickr Account Photos
iStock Motorcycle Pics

richard-7

Postby Britfan60 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 am

What are you trying to prove, 961 that Norton is selling out to China? Selling one of three of Nortons 650 CC engine designs to China is good business, not at all a "sell out". We all own 961 80% British parts Nortons, that are still in production with 80% British parts, so where is the relevance to this thread? That maybe those funds could be used in further production, R and D and customer service of British made bikes? Sounds like a good deal to me.
Britfan60
VIP MEMBER

Postby 961Story » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:11 pm

It's funny how you all jumped on the "not selling out to China" yet turned a blind eye to the fact that despite being sold a Norton that is 80% British parts,it is not.
Please Norton own up to the fact that your engine parts are made in the Far East.

961Story

Postby auldblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:22 pm

NortonFactoryUK wrote:I suggest 961story, you read the press release it is an opportunity for the factory to increase its income so the brand can live on ! it is quite interesting that you make such a negative ill informed statement. perhaps if there wasnt so much negativity in the world, small manufacturers could rely on the enthusiasts alone. but in the real world sadly it doesnt work that way. we are proud of the fact that we have been able to sell a british designed engine to China, rather than the other way around !

Kev

Kev, Norton sales thus far have been to enthusiasts and it is them that has kept "the Brand" alive since its rebirth despite some poor performance from " the Factory" with regard to after sales service ,warranty and sub standard parts. All the above has been well documented on this forum , even the long silences fron certain departments when customers were looking for help and questions answered.

So maybe it be better to spend time keeping the customers "the Factory " has happy , than replying to some dude warbling about percentages, after all it's you that said you may not know how to spell but you know about bikes. Maybe stick to bikes Kev and leave the economics to the accountants, ........ only saying.
And he sayeth The meek shall inherit the earth,
But it's roads belong to commando 750's
auldblue
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 1

Postby NortonFactoryUK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 am

it is all relevant, if Norton do well, then it ensures a level of aftersales care moving forward. just saying
Norton Motorcycles (UK) Ltd
Donington Hall
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2SG
United Kingdom
NortonFactoryUK
VIP MEMBER

Postby Beaneater » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 pm

As I was reading this thread I looked to the top of the page and saw an Asian Love Dating advertisement. What a coincidence.

Beaneater

Postby contours » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Marc Sullivan wrote:As I was reading this thread I looked to the top of the page and saw an Asian Love Dating advertisement. What a coincidence.

That should be enough incentive to go VIP. :lol:
2015 Norton 961 Sport
2013 H-D XL883N
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (sold)
1975 Norton 850 Commando Mk3
contours
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 9

Postby auldblue » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:00 pm

NortonFactoryUK wrote:it is all relevant, if Norton do well, then it ensures a level of aftersales care moving forward. just saying

Relevant to what Kev, the level of service should be "fit for purpose " no matter how Norton performs. But Norton as a bike builder has been bust more times than Barry Sheenes rear tyre including JLN , but your product history or rather the re writing of it, as can be read on the website is woefully inaccurate .......just saying!
And he sayeth The meek shall inherit the earth,
But it's roads belong to commando 750's
auldblue
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 1

Postby 961Story » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 am

Still no answer to my question ?
What's wrong with being honest to the people who buy your products ?

961Story

Postby Fast Eddie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:30 pm

961Story wrote:Still no answer to my question ?
What's wrong with being honest to the people who buy your products ?

Maybe 'they' don't know you're waiting for an answer...

As far as I can see in this thread, you haven't asked a question. Not a general question, nor one aimed at someone in particular.
Fast Eddie
VIP MEMBER

Postby byjefsm » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am

The Norton factory stated the obvious..... This is only about cash. Cash reserves are what sustain a company. With this infusion of cash, Norton is able to sustain operations and build additional infrastructure required for expansion. It also affords them cash they can devote to operations to improve their parts delivery and warranty system. It also affords them the cash to update their web page and parts ordering system. Selling technology is standard in the motorcycle and auto industry...... it does not necessarily mean that that the parts developed in China by this technology will be used in the parent factory's products. This should be looked at as a positive not a negative. It all part of a factory growing.

byjefsm

Next

Return to Norton Commando 961 Motorcycles