Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

QUALITY MOTORCYCLE PAINTING AT REASONABLE PRICES

Here you can post what you like. It must be Motorcycle related.

Re: QUALITY MOTORCYCLE PAINTING AT REASONABLE PRICES

Postby NjNortonCommando » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:19 pm

I've recently received my Emgo tank from Brent. I got the bare steel tank Colorado Norton Works. I sent it right to Brent. It is black with gold trim and lettering. I am very happy with the results, the lettering looks amazing and has really made my bike look a lot better.

NjNortonCommando

Postby JCD » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 pm

It's time to post another rave review for Brent Budgor, the Vintage Vendor. I've lost count at this point, as to how many bikes he's painted for me over the last several years. My most recent was another Norton Commando MK3 tank and side covers. Absolutely stunning. It's like perfectly still water. Wet, lusterous and flawless at the surface. I don't know how he does it, but he continues to amaze me with his talents. I am still just as excited to open a package from him today as I was all those years ago when we first started trading. The proof is in all of the testimonials and attached photos. If you haven't used his services yet, or are considering anybody else to do your paint work, don't be foolish. Use Brent Budgor. Period.

Thanks, Brent. You're a rare breed.
1957 Bianchi Tonale
1958 Gilera 150 Sport
1957 MV Agusta CSTL
1977 Ducati 900GTS
1978 Honda XL250s
1975 Commando Roadster
1975 Commando Interstate

JCD

Postby Kim Z. » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Okay, I could have paid significantly more and had (hopefully) a concours finish ready for the Pebble Beach Show. However, the quality of work that Brent did on my yellow 1974 Norton Commando 850 Roadster exceeds the original factory paintwork. My bike is a rider, not a living room queen. It is bound to get scratches and nicks, otherwise known as "patina."

So I'm very pleased with Brent's communication in emails/photos throughout the painting process, work finished in a timely manner, reasonable price, and downright great attitude in his desire to please his clients!

I do recommend his services and would not hesitate to employ him in the future.

Kim Z. Turtenwald

Laguna Niguel, California
~ Kim Z.

1962 Morris Mini Minor Traveller
1974 Norton Commando 850 Roadster #313641 (Date "3 74" on plate)
2006 Suzuki SV650-S

Kim Z.

Postby johaz3 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been a Norton owner for 40 years. I bought a Black Mk III Interstate in California when Norton Villiers stopped doing business in the states in 1975. About 18-19 years ago I had a run in with a deer which bent the frame ( and me) and the Norton has been resting in the garage ever since. I recently started looking at beginning repair/restoration. The big Interstate tank had a few small dents and I contacted Brent on his ability to repair and paint the tank versus getting a replacement tank. I sent Brent photos and he said no problem. I live in Southern New England and drove the tank and side covers up to Brent so I could meet him and review the work required. He had a JPN fairing in process as well as 2 other tanks. At every step of the process he sent photos of the dent repair, priming, base coat, stenciling and finish up photos. It came out very nice and his method of using the decals as stencils makes it look better than new. I would not hesitate to recommend him for your painting needs. At the time of the crash I do not think that there was a Norton focused website such as this. Looking forward to mining this global pool of information and experience.

John H
Access Norton Attachments
tank-covers.JPG
tank-covers.JPG (122.76 KiB) Viewed 240 times
1975 Mk 3 Interstate - the deer slayer
1974 Mk 2a Roadster (sold long ago)
2004 R1150R
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
johaz3
VIP MEMBER

Postby 99cyclone » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:39 am

Just received the bodywork back from Brent for my wife's '73 Honda CB500. Brent did a great job, working to match the candy green to samples I had sent. Like a Norton paint job, these Hondas varied a fair bit in shade when they were new. The end result turned out great, matching the color we had in mind and look great.

Turnaround time was quick and communication was thorough throughout the process. I got the NOS emblems installed yesterday and had to get the bike out in the sun to really appreciate it. Very satisfied!

I've got another tank in need of paint for my Velocette, it'll be sent to Brent for paint as soon as I get it ready.

1972 750 Commando Combat
1974 850 Commando
1954 Velocette MSS
1958 Triumph T110
1973 Triumph TR5T
Plus a few Buells

99cyclone

Postby 737captain » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Brent recently painted the tank, side panels, front fender and seat of my Norton 850 Mk 3. He did a phenomenal job, he offered me up pin stripe designs, sent photos of progress, finished, packed and shipped quickly. Overall did a fantastic job at s very reasonable price. I my post for pictures.

I would not hesitate to use him again or recommend his work.

I can't say enough good things.
(Sadly can't seem to post pictures, see my previous post.
[url][/url]
I'm not young enough to know everything

'75 Norton Commando
'67 Velocette Thruxton
'11 BMW R 1200GSA
'71 Triumph Trailblazer
Honda ST1300
Honda XR75

737captain

Postby Sport75073 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:57 pm

I just got my 1975 Roadster tank and side covers back from Brent.... Beautiful!!!! Candy apple red with silver pin stripes!
Step by step communication, Photos, attention to detail, fast turn around,. In short, everything you could possibly want
from an enthusiast and painter. His passion is evident in his work. Thank you Brent!

Sport75073

Postby 99cyclone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:50 pm

That green Honda a couple posts up turned out so nice that I asked Brent to paint a Matchless tank for me.

This is a 1962 Matchless G12CS that was originally equipped with a chrome and red tank. When I received it, the chrome had been heavily sanded :x and poorly painted beet red. Thankfully the tank was straight and dent free so I had it re-plated and sent to Brent for paint.

The final result is striking, thanks Brent!

1972 750 Commando Combat
1974 850 Commando
1954 Velocette MSS
1958 Triumph T110
1973 Triumph TR5T
Plus a few Buells

99cyclone

Previous

Return to Motorcycle Related Discussions