Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

QUALITY MOTORCYCLE PAINTING AT REASONABLE PRICES

Here you can post what you like. It must be Motorcycle related.

Re: QUALITY MOTORCYCLE PAINTING AT REASONABLE PRICES

Postby 850cmndo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:40 am

Surfdog wrote:Hey Guys,
Three years ago I had Brent at the Vintage Vendor paint my Commando Tank and Side Panels.
http://www.napaliprop.com/72-Commando.html
The parts came out so awesome I decided to give him the tins for my 1966 BSA.
After receiving the parts and reassembling the bike, all I can say is WOW and thanks again to the Vintage Vendor.
The guy is very accomplished at what he does.
He documented every phase and details of the restoration and painting of the parts.
He even treated the inside of the tank for minor rust issues.
His communication skills are second to none.
And he has a sense of humor too! (the Llama died from exhaustion after delivering the parts from Hawaii).
If your going to get a new paint job on your baby this guy has the experience and skills to pull it off for you.
Aloha and Mahalo Brent!

Where did you mirror on the commando come from?
'73 850 Roadster 300069
Assholes Sign Anything O5H

850cmndo

Postby NORBECER » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 pm

BTW gentlemen, Brent of the Vintage Vendor is now working out of Burlington VT. I drove the two hours from Montreal, Quebec to Brent's with the Mrs this afternoon to drop off my Interstate tank and side covers. Super nice fellow! Showed me a couple of Roadster tanks he had completed waiting to cure before packaging them up for California, awesome work! Can't wait to get mine back :D
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
NORBECER
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 0

Postby NORBECER » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Met up with Brent today at his new shop in Burlington VT to pick up my tins. kind of reminds me of Restoration Garage with a variety of vintage restored Coca Cola coolers, gas pumps, etc. Here are a couple of pics from today.

Me and Brent at his shop ( Brent on the left) You can see my nice restored Interstate tank in the back ground :D

[url]Image[/url]

Some of Brent's other work.

[url]Image[/url]

My tins home at last...

[url]Image[/url]
NORBECER
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 0

Postby SquareHead » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 am

Gorgeous!
1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R
1972 Norton Commando 750
1975 CNW Commando 850

SquareHead

Postby debby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Brent did a set of bodywork for my 750 a couple of years ago. I finally got the bike back together again after being down a long time for an engine rebuild. It looks fantastic!

debby

Postby jbbudgor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Wow Debby. What a beauty. I'm proud to be a part of that project, glad you're on the road again.
Brent

jbbudgor

Postby olChris » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Me and Brent at his shop ( Brent on the left) You can see my nice restored Interstate tank in the back ground" :D

Brent on the left, or the guy with the paint on his clothes. Wouldnt have been hard to pick... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
72/750 Norton.
75/850 Norton
2008 Triumph Speedy by day...
New 2015 Project, 75 Onda Goldwing GL1000

olChris

Postby vuuduu21 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 am

Hey all; just wanted to post some pics of my MKIII that got a little "rolling resto" this winter. when i picked her up last summer she was painted "rattle can" black with vinyl stickers. over the winter i took her apart for clean-up and freshening, and upgraded the layshaft bearing. i sent the tins to Brent at Vintage Vendor and finally got her back together. The paint looks awsome and having the factory style pinstripes really make it pop! great job Brent!
'72 750 Combat cafe racer
'75 850 MK3 Roadster
'14 Indian Chief Vintage

vuuduu21

Postby lazyeye6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 am

A year ago I had Brent paint the tank for my '69 Norton Mercury. He bent over backwards making sure it was the correct color and hue of the original silver.
I was thrilled when I got it back. Very high quality work at a VERY reasonable price. I was so impressed that I sent him the tank and side covers from
my newly acquired '75 Commando Roadster with 1500 original miles (!!!) that had been in storage for over 30 years. The original tank paint had deteriorated
with scads of pinhole flaws. Brent specified exactly how he would be doing the work, step by step, starting with stripping the old paint off. I couldn't be more
happy with the quality of his workmanship. This bike really stands out as show quality. No "stick-on" graphics here. Logo and pin striping painted on
with stencil and clear coated afterwards. And the price, while not cheap, was significantly less than what others are charging.

Norm Dickenson
1974 Roadster
1975 Roadster
1970 Triumph Tiger
2016 Yamaha FZ-07

lazyeye6

Postby collarobo » Tue May 13, 2014 10:27 pm

Just got my Norton 850 Interstate tank back from Brent and after having one painter damage one tank and another painter doing a poor job Brent did a excellent job and I am more then satisfied and quality is job 1 with Brent, he is easy to work with and does a five star paint job, couldn't be happier and wish I would had went to him first he knows what he is doing with vintage tanks. Looking forward to having more bike tins and tanks painted from him in the future,, thanks Brent, Rob Pesek

collarobo

Postby porterg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:48 pm

I recently had my Commando tank and side covers painted by Brent at Vintage Vendors, his work is impeccable. He has a no hassle system and my tank arrived back to the day he scheduled. If I have anymore work to do it will surely go to Vintage Vendor.
74' Commando
02' Moto Guzzi Special Sport

porterg

Postby ajs350 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 pm

I just received my Emgo tank back from Brent painted in Black with Gold pin stripes. What a pleasure it was to deal with Brent and what a fantastic job he did. I could not be happier. Ross

ajs350

Postby thfrancis » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:46 pm

I recently had a 1973 Norton Commando 850 restored by the Classic Bike Shop in Essex, VT. The painter they recommended was Brent at Vintage Vender. The paint work turned out fantastic. It is a real head turner.

Below is a "before" image of the bike and some "after" images.

Tom

thfrancis

Postby gortnipper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Nice! What silencers are those?
gortnipper
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 5

Postby thfrancis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 am

They are Emgo silencers.