Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Pre-unit vs Unit Triton

Re: Pre-unit vs Unit Triton

Postby grandpaul » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:GPs are just hanging out there looking rather superfluous though ...

My intention is to fab up a set up upsweep kind adapters and employ the tails of the footrest plates.

Yes, they are Dresda copies and now I've altered the shapes entirely (not as "swoopy" on the rear plates, and trimmer/shorter on the outer plates). Also very nice steel unit head steady adapter.
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
too many bikes to list, including:
JPN, 952 Prototype, MkIII Interstate, Combat Dunstall, VR880 SS, Triton
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 30

Postby seattle##gs » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:07 am

A friend of mine built a Triton several years ago using a T140 motor. He didn't like all the extra space in the engine compartment and being an excellent fabricator he cut 2" out of the center and rejoined the tubes. He then fabricated a longer swing arm to keep the wheelbase the same. It was an excellent job and the motor really looked like it fit. I spent about 500 miles on it dialing it in with dual 34 Mikunis and a Power Arc ignition. It really handled well. I have some pictures of it but unable to post them. If you want to see it, PM me. You might find it on the same websight as the BEEZERKER.

seattle##gs

Postby Johnnymac » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:46 pm

seattle##gs wrote:A friend of mine built a Triton several years ago using a T140 motor. He didn't like all the extra space in the engine compartment and being an excellent fabricator he cut 2" out of the center and rejoined the tubes. He then fabricated a longer swing arm to keep the wheelbase the same. It was an excellent job and the motor really looked like it fit. I spent about 500 miles on it dialing it in with dual 34 Mikunis and a Power Arc ignition. It really handled well. I have some pictures of it but unable to post them. If you want to see it, PM me. You might find it on the same websight as the BEEZERKER.

I would love to see pictures!!
1963 Norton Atlas
1966 Norton Atlas
1972 Norton Commando Combat
1974 Ducati 750 GT
2000 Harley Davidson FLHTPI-Police
2003 Triumph Bonneville T-100
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Johnnymac
VIP MEMBER

Previous

Return to Triton