Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Peel Piques

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

Re: Peel Piques

Postby hobot » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:04 pm

hooked on Peel > on to hook ups

https://www.thunder-heart.com/shopdispl ... alogid=287

inline oil temp
Throw yourself at the ground and miss!

hobot

Postby grandpaul » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:55 am

You'll need to drill more holes to offset the weight of all the gee-gaws!
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
too many bikes to list, including:
JPN, 952 Prototype, MkIII Interstate, Combat Dunstall, VR880 SS, Triton
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 30

Postby hobot » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 am

Paul, extra gee-haws must earn their presence by helping power/wt production, protection by defense or offensive function or just to make peoples jaws slack heads cocked like a confused dog. Peel has hollow axles, rod link tubes and mount stalks, head spindles and a few over size drilled bolts doodads. Front wheel is tubeless but gave up on rear as tires sufaces, rim bead or spokes weeped & Tubliss inner-inner tube bead locker blew out so put normal tube in to get on with project. I have twice put front in water at 50+ PSI to see no bubbles but leaks down in about 3 days so a mystery but non issue to Peel with air station yellow squid hunting submarine. Btw a hi end Metzeler HD inner tube blew out @ 45 lb PSI seating rear tire on a stand so hard it blew the tire off the rim but only blew my eye brows back. Spare 2nd tube held. Neither me nor shop owner ever had such a thing happen but hey same old story with Peel * me.

In past Ms Peel I even weighed what each drill hole was worth in battery tray to Z plates - enough hole to fill a hall to make one's head swoon. Peel+me needs to be under 4 lb per hp or 1 lb ft of torque plus tuck down to out scoot 150-200 hp race cycles and still be toss-able pick-up-able when badly injured. Most of Peels massive unique features is to use against public dangers on 87 octane with over 16 CR heat spikes yet if paired down to just swing arm air tank as natural inspired drag engine on hi octane gas + water spray, no alternator, no kick lever side stand lights etc she is under 300 lbs. As heavy as I can configure with full fairing saddle cases, lug rack and struts with Drouin and 2 blunderbusses and Navy flare shot gun pistol may still be rather under 400 lbs.

Fail safe oil valve change from this
to this

Alas a lot of this goes into Peel too

hobot

Postby grandpaul » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:40 am

You're not crazy.

...but I'm starting to wonder about ME...
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
too many bikes to list, including:
JPN, 952 Prototype, MkIII Interstate, Combat Dunstall, VR880 SS, Triton
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 30

Postby hobot » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Ah so Grasshopper Grandpaul, life changing realizations take many forms of shocks and catalysts... Most those I wanted to prove Peel too are dead now so Peel may well speed my way too.
Comnoz nixed the Lake Injector as some many have prior but impossible to fit even an intake manifold on impeller face d/t the alternator intruding but my plans failed so it ended up rearward whick unexpected cleared a path I had not seen till Jim pointed out - so more money/time delays before 1st burps.

Btw imagine this pattern more spread out & two times more balls at significantly higher pressure clearing hesitant deer clusters to create a deer bumper car collisions/falls that clear out just before I get there... Hope to leave locals wondering if crazy telling others they saw day glow color tinted deer...

phpBB [video]

hobot

Postby chris plant » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm

welcome back steve, I can see why you,ve been away so long,lots of work and money gone into peel,but iv.e got to ask questions,where are the upside down aero wings to keep that mf from takeing off,where you going to fit wheelie bars,and where is the parachute to slow this monster down chris
the older i get the faster i was

chris plant

Postby hobot » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:44 pm

Damn Chris you must be physic &or psycho to think like that.

I cut teeth on 1st motorcycle - mid 10 sec 1/4 m P!! lowered ddragster so know the leap advantage of a tucked low front Hole Shot device - but air muscles idea will not work in range of Peels 6" suspension travel so got another air power gizmo in mind that will also angle the front wings for down force when needed. If wheelies still limit leap forward G's Peel is already set up for trailer hitch mount so 'easy' to wheelie bar for special events. i got to ride a H2 500 triple 2smoke dragster with long wheelie bar in public to have it periodically straddle road undulations that suspended rear tire off surface between front tire and wheelie bar end for a extra springy ladder riding sense, yuk. Also its was stumbling slow until almost 10K and only couple grand more on tap and still only a 500 so not that exciting. Its was Norton drag racers that I first found trying to source parts and knowledge before discovering online sources - they understood me telling em how P!! frame/forks built 2" low so would float front tire 2" level pulling wrists & eyebrows back with only an instant of touch down /bounce up on WOT shifts by big kill button tap instead of clutch lever. Norton power character seems to match drag racing needs.

Hope is some Hyabusta or Apricot V4 or BMW SR or 2.3 L Rocket 3 pulls up teasing for a sprint fest, Peel will suck forks up as I roll on power so she does not drop any but seems to be suspended by sky hook so tire just lifts up instead of nose dropping to instantly leap ahead while their poor ole puters limiting power to protect them from head over tea kettle crash. There may not be an instant in 1/4 m that Mz Peel's front touches down as I suspect power/wt ratio will allow leaving in 3rd or 4th w/o much tire squeal on clutch drop and just roll on throttle to ride the power band increase as speed increases tire traction hook up > with all our mass on its widened parch.

Peel straight steering PHASE Three and Four turn fury is incomprehensible good even on notched tractor tires but did run into 2 issues, (a) 3 gal fuel smack *delay* crossing 6 gal tankin time with Peel already ricocheted into air aligned for another sharp direction change, its stops full pivot so instead of landing inline of road = front suddenly get knocked back to land facomg far road edge YIKES, only a maniac PHASE Three maneuver could turn sharp/fast enough to get back on track *&* (B) aero dynamics of variable ground effect lift/drop on peg foul leans plus rear lift off swing out w/o rear contact to restrain like flat tracker. So plan is some type baffle in IS tank and feeler bar levers that hit road on leans to extend rear wings for some kite tail drag and some extra down force spoiling wing in ground effect so can accelerate a bit more before lift off and still miss bluff face or edge rails or sluggish parking lot cone cylce.

NO side covers help bleed lift compression from wind gusts mixing with fork eddies. Fork legs need wing feathers steamlining to stiffle the reasonace waves, other cycles can not reach to encounter or do encounter to get upset or out of control but so wrong in design pilots - engineers can't tell whats going down.

Peel & fate induced me into PHASE FIVE steering which is essentially WOT straight steering upright with both tires grounded like AWD rally car but past Ms Peel only had power enough to do that on grass, THE Gravel or mud washes across down hill hwy turn. All other cycles are so corner crippled to Peel its 1000 hp Pikes Peak craft I look forward to pecking order test, except Peel will request a special timed run *down* the Mt event to rub Norton Isolastic Commando ame in deeper.

I abhor wheelies and stoppies and drifts or slides but for parking lot stunts I want to lean yet Peel fast road turns are not done like anything seen before - except elite corner cripples entering these energy phases crashing.

clearing cage path collecting Peel obstacles when not Steve McQueen-ing grass slopes and Mt. side.

hobot

Postby acotrel » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:07 pm

It is amazing how small issues can cause a major problem. I'm looking at racing my Seeley in historic races next year, so I need a log book. The rules these days require swaged fittings on all oil lines. My bike is notorious for wet-sumping so I've thought about fitting a cock such as the one in the above photo. Normally I simply detach the delivery oil line after each race meeting and stuff a bolt up it. Because I am a bumbling old fool, I'd be certain to start racing with that cock in the OFF position - and BOOM !

acotrel

Postby hobot » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:09 pm

Hmm did ya miss point of Mz Peel - to make my life riskier so if I miss this valve in way of kicker use then I get what I lose. 1st version was a brass gas valve whose steel red rubber covered handle stuck out in way of kicker peg and swing until moved full open, so simple fail safe path but was too hillbilly and heavy. Handle came from Australian patient that brought back various orginiales craft items and this one was about ready made handle extender highlight. Do note Peel valve is mounted to rigid steel tractor hydraulic tube welded to iso gusset and where it pierces the rear down tube so may not work on normal unsupported oil hoses. Peel OIF is tiddy sealed from ambient, ligher, higher capascity, more head feed presure to pump, mostly hidden, can feed oil vertical on nose or rear and only wet sumps so much before flows out megaphone ...

hobot

Postby Bruce MacGregor » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Wow, Great to see Steve back!

Did I not make a plate to cover all that crap in the Drouin fuel injector to fit a real carb.

Bruce
850 with a drouin
06 Duc ST-3s abs

Bruce MacGregor

Postby hobot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi Bruce, I am more walking dead than returning.

Big block blown dragster engine required Maney 40 mm belt drive, whose wider pulley displaced Lucas alternator outward to leave 1/2" gap in Drouin or factory primary cover seam - so ditched crank end charger to sweat bullets on another option that turned out to be a drag car alternator that bolted directly to engine block to engage its now removed cush drive bevel gear that engaged the distributor or cam drive to spin, up to 10K rpm = this could only fit behind the cylinders but also fouled the straight out carb manifold you made for me, ugh. Steve Maney modified Peel's inner primary case to accept Lucas charger with triplex chain or 30 mm belt and seal close as normal. One in a row untested reverse spin friction drive may leave burning rubber smell sitting still with stereo volume cranked up...

This vital alternator only allows space for the slim Lake Injector, so more brain strain to research them and relatives to learn how to tediously measure flows to grind needle in stages for both idle/low end and hi end. I plan to use your custom fabbed manifold as air filter mount, as lucked out to be thin enough to just miss the alternator when mated to Lake Inj. face. The carb tube will have to be angled or a flexable tube attached and extending to air filter. Have parts but not completed the push pull throttle hook up either.

No one comprehends tri-links make pavement pounding predictability boring as beginner snow slopes so off road XX slopes and moguls is more my aim, don't need blower power sticking out fouling for that, so definitely on hunt for single 38 carb, which also removes couple dozen lbs to retain power to mass advantage.

My Commando friend Wesley Ratliff died age 64 Saturday Jan 21 following series of over exertions, Mt. bicycle and homestead related, I could not save him nor could hospital find a cause. My diagnosis was spinal cord bruising leading to organ shut down from vagus nerve shock. His last long ride was with Rich Stone/850 and another on 1200BMW, Wes said he had to keep his '71 throttle pegged and worked ass off holding turns but kept up w/o skipping a beat all day long. Keep thoughts inside your own souls please.

Wes on our THE Gravel travel through life
phpBB [video]

hobot

Postby ashman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi Steve

Sorry to hear about your friend Wes, he be in your memories forever.

Ashley

ashman

Postby baz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Steve ,,Sorry to hear about your mate Wes ,we need characters like him in this world
baz
VIP MEMBER

Postby CanukNortonNut » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Hey Steve,
My condolences to you for the loss of your friend Wes.
Ride for the memory of him.
Keep on keepin on.
T
On Any Sunday...A motorcycle is what ever you want to make it. Turn it on, and you can give yourself a real thrill...

CanukNortonNut

Postby Bruce MacGregor » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Steve,

Wow!
I'm sorry to hear about Wes.
It looked like he had many miles left and only in his 60's.

The problem with this getting old shit is that we start to run out of friends & relatives to do things with.

I think it is getting near time for you to fire up Miss. Peel! How about a target date of July 4, 2017?

Bruce
850 with a drouin
06 Duc ST-3s abs

Bruce MacGregor

PreviousNext

Return to Access Norton Pub