Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

P11 Exhaust pipes, mufflers, clamps, spacers

Norton P11 discussions only

Re: P11 Exhaust pipes, mufflers, clamps, spacers

Postby gillou » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:36 am

BillT wrote:
gillou wrote:Hello,
I fit SS hexaust pipes on my racer but there are 2 problems. The first, it is very large!!! When you are on the seat your legs touch the tubes and.... It's very hot.....!!!! The second, the SS tube have a 1"3/8 bore the P11 have 1"5/8.

P11 tubes are good on the left on my racer but not on the right.is it normal or a bad production?
And where can i order good P11 product whith the same design right and left or OEM.

Gilles

The bad left pipe is from a mistake made many years ago. A company here in the US (DomiRacer) sent a pair of original P11 high pipes and a pair of P11 low pipes back to England to make copies - the company in England made the left pipes wrong, and this error has continued down through the years. (This is the story I got from DomiRacer back in 2010).

Probably the best source for correct fitting pipes for a P11 would be Walridge Motors in Ontario, Canada. Mike Partridge is a big fan of the P11 and N15/G15 machines, and his parts usually fit pretty well.

You must remember that many of these spares are copies of copies of low production original pieces that may not have fit well to begin with.

Thanks for this answer, i try to contact them.

Gilles

gillou

Postby pierodn » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 am

Hi.
I have bought now a pair of high pipes from RGM.
Someone knows.
Thanks.
Piero

pierodn

Postby pierodn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:26 pm

jerrykap wrote:
elefantrider wrote:On my '68 P11a, I run high pipes. The tach drive cable is not at the correct angle but fits. Due to it touching, the cable will probably wear through the pipes after time. What is needed to convert to the early tach drive cable angle?

It's a relatively easy job to re-angle the tach drive. Find the sweet spot, drill and tap threads for the screws and Bob's your uncle. You can easily fill the old holes with JB weld or some such and then touch up with silver hobby paint. I remember doing this long ago.

Hi.
Please, do you know the threads of the screws of the tacho drive?.
Thank you.
Pieto

pierodn

Postby APRRSV » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi Piero,
I believe these screws are 2BA thread and approx. 1/2 inch long under the screw head.

Ed

APRRSV

Previous

Return to Norton P11