Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Norton vs Motad Shorties

Modern 961 Norton Commando Motorcycles

Re: Norton vs Motad Shorties

Postby Britfan60 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 am

Fast Eddie wrote:Have you boys seen these ones for sale? Look like a bargain given the lack of supply currently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norton-Comman ... SwuiNZqFa6

That's actually a starting bid. Hard to tell what they will finally sell for, if there is a reserve on the auction and there is no decatted pipe with them. (plus 60 bucks shipping)
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Britfan60
VIP MEMBER

Postby Raphi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 pm

... and they are damaged!

Raphi

Postby gtnorton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Hey guys thanks for the praise, I'm enjoying them, they look and sound great! Also, best way to get a hold of Frazer Norton in Australia is go to their website & call Eduardo (Parts Manager) at the Concord AU Ducati location (Tel: +61 28741 3000) OR send an inquiry via email asking for the exhaust (which is what I did), I emailed them at - norton@frasermc.com.au - they responded promptly within 24 hours and the entire process was smooth and handeled via email. Very very nice guys to buy from. The CEO / Owner of Frazer Cycles got my email and forwarded it to his aftermarket parts team manager, Eduardo was my contact - great guy. Good luck, and remember to pay the DHL duties on the phone with DHL when the package lands at the final destination hub or it will be held up, gotta love US taxes/customs haha! Good luck!

gtnorton

Postby Britfan60 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Raphi wrote:... and they are damaged!

So they are. That's about the amount of damage to the set I'm replacing. Insurance paid for it.
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Britfan60
VIP MEMBER

Postby LEXngton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm

gtnorton wrote:Hey guys thanks for the praise, I'm enjoying them, they look and sound great! Also, best way to get a hold of Frazer Norton in Australia is go to their website & call Eduardo (Parts Manager) at the Concord AU Ducati location (Tel: +61 28741 3000) OR send an inquiry via email asking for the exhaust (which is what I did), I emailed them at - norton@frasermc.com.au - they responded promptly within 24 hours and the entire process was smooth and handeled via email. Very very nice guys to buy from. The CEO / Owner of Frazer Cycles got my email and forwarded it to his aftermarket parts team manager, Eduardo was my contact - great guy. Good luck, and remember to pay the DHL duties on the phone with DHL when the package lands at the final destination hub or it will be held up, gotta love US taxes/customs haha! Good luck!

Glad to hear your digging the sound of those exhausts, no doubt they look great on your bike!

I bought a set too along with the DeCAT pipes from Eduardo @ Fraser's of Australia, wired my funds to them today. Once I get them and get my ECU remapped I'll post some photos as well as a
sound video here on this thread (if possible) so others can get a real feel for their sound.

LEXngton

Postby DODGY DEN » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Hello all,
picked the 961 on Monday from Norton after they gave it a service thanks Marc and Olivia great communication.
They have now addressed the exhaust issues and I have now ordered a set of long open exhausts for later this month. Fitting a new motobat MBTX9U battery tomorrow dumping the YUASA battery want hold it's charge do not know why they fit these battery's it was the same with my F1.

DODGY DEN

Previous

Return to Norton Commando 961 Motorcycles