MKIII Kickstart Lever

Classic Norton Commando Motorcycles.

MKIII Kickstart Lever

Postby hankmarx » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:33 pm

I was at the Old Britts website looking at the difference between the MKIII kickstart levers and earlier ones,I have what i believe to be a MKIII< but it is not drilled for the spring and ball detent. Were all MKII drilled for this. or were there two versions? Has anyone modified their earlier model? Is there another method to keep the top part from swinging out on it"s own?
Norton MKIII

prospect
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
hankmarx
VIP MEMBER

Re: MKIII Kickstart Lever

Postby L.A.B. » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

hankmarx wrote:I was at the Old Britts website looking at the difference between the MKIII kickstart levers and earlier ones,I have what i believe to be a MKIII< but it is not drilled for the spring and ball detent. Were all MKII drilled for this. or were there two versions? Has anyone modified their earlier model? Is there another method to keep the top part from swinging out on it"s own?

Have you changed the lever since this photo was taken, because that is not a MkIII kickstart lever?
hankmarx wrote:Image

(061464)

850 MkIII (121018)
L.A.B.
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 5

Postby hankmarx » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:47 pm

MkIII, Yes? Two spring washers seem to have helped quite a bit, but I just received the ball and spring and wanted to do it right.
Norton MKIII

prospect
hankmarx
VIP MEMBER

Postby cmessenk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Especially for all you chaps getting rearsets...the MKIII gives you all the clearance you need!

cmessenk

Postby L.A.B. » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:46 am

hankmarx wrote:MkIII, Yes? Two spring washers seem to have helped quite a bit, but I just received the ball and spring and wanted to do it right.

norton-kick-start-t11641-15.html
L.A.B.
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 5

Return to Norton Commando Classic Motorcycles