Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Lost My Job 'Cause I Ride a Norton

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

Re: Lost My Job 'Cause I Ride a Norton

Postby frankdamp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 am

Actually, Mark, I didn't write the statement you ascribed to me. Ashman was replying to my earlier post.
Frank Damp
ex-Norton Villiers - Marston Road
Develpment & Competition Department
1967-68

frankdamp

Postby Fast Eddie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:04 am

Bernhard wrote:You could have given this fictitious employer a bit of divine justice, re “Kimbat instructed me to unload 5 kilos of frozen calamari from the back of her Lexus SUV. As I put it into the sink, I noticed the pull date to be over a year ago! When I asked Kimbat if she were aware of this possible food quality issue, she quickly told me "never mind! The way I cook it will taste like caught today!"
You could have reported them to the food authorities for selling out of date food, and at the same time help a few hundred people avoid an upset stomach :!: :( :?

Good point Bernhard. I'm not normally one for being vindictive, but there is a time and a place for it!

Seems to me the OP has plenty of ways of getting back at his former employer if he so desires !
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Fast Eddie
VIP MEMBER

Postby DonOR » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:
Bernhard wrote:You could have given this fictitious employer a bit of divine justice, re “Kimbat instructed me to unload 5 kilos of frozen calamari from the back of her Lexus SUV. As I put it into the sink, I noticed the pull date to be over a year ago! When I asked Kimbat if she were aware of this possible food quality issue, she quickly told me "never mind! The way I cook it will taste like caught today!"
You could have reported them to the food authorities for selling out of date food, and at the same time help a few hundred people avoid an upset stomach :!: :( :?

Good point Bernhard. I'm not normally one for being vindictive, but there is a time and a place for it!

Seems to me the OP has plenty of ways of getting back at his former employer if he so desires !

I have thought of that.... but the department of health here is really lame; I know they would tell me that without an inspector witnessing out of date foods being prepared, its just "hearsay" But if you read she-devil's yelp comments, though most are 5 star, at least one diner has commented on "old tasting fish".

I'm just not the type to seek vengeance. If Kimbat is what she is, well, that's all there is to it. Working there I overheard Chailai saying that her older sister, who lives on the island of oahu, hasn't talked to her mom in over a year. Karma is indeed a bitch.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.

1972 Combat Roadster

DonOR

Postby baz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm

frankdamp wrote:Of course - most Brits are when it comes to the language. Even though I've been in the US since 1968, I still have to remind myself of spelling differences between US and UK versions of the language. Funny thing is, I have a strong Lancashire accent, even after almost 50 years. Though I use US phraseology, my pronunciation often surprises people.

well i'm a brit and i couldn't care less how someone spells !! what does it matter? ashman has no trouble being understood , i am sorry you have a strong lancashire accent btw but this post is about a bloke losing his job because he rides a motorcycle!, a norton motorcycle at that!!!!
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
baz
VIP MEMBER

Postby davamb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Been thinking, basis of a cool story there bro. Forget about restaurants and make a career writing. Get even at the same time!
Cheers,
Dave.

davamb

Postby dave M » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:42 am

I don't think Frank was trying to offend or be a grammar Nazi, he was only pointing out the humour in the fact that Ashman used the word 'excepted' which is exactly the opposite of the word he meant to use 'accepted'. particularly since the bike was indeed excepted in this story, just a bit or irony - which I myself love to see in the written word.

I live in a bi-lingual society and some of the errors in language here in Hong Kong can be hilarious where a mispronunciation of a Cantonese word can turn it from 'yes' to 'shoes', 'crabs', or 'a woman's private parts'! In English 'Delay No More' sounds exactly like an instruction to have carnal relations with one's mother, in Cantonese.

dave M

Postby ashman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:42 pm

dave M wrote:I don't think Frank was trying to offend or be a grammar Nazi, he was only pointing out the humour in the fact that Ashman used the word 'excepted' which is exactly the opposite of the word he meant to use 'accepted'. particularly since the bike was indeed excepted in this story, just a bit or irony - which I myself love to see in the written word.

I live in a bi-lingual society and some of the errors in language here in Hong Kong can be hilarious where a mispronunciation of a Cantonese word can turn it from 'yes' to 'shoes', 'crabs', or 'a woman's private parts'! In English 'Delay No More' sounds exactly like an instruction to have carnal relations with one's mother, in Cantonese.

Yes I do have some troubles with words but hey I am enjoying life, yes other languages can be funny to others but as long as we can have a laugh about it without upsetting them, if it was me being sacked for riding my Norton I would get back at them, but thats me, anyone using out of date food needs to be reported before anyone dies of food posioning, they are charging people to eat food that can kill, its not a laughing matter really and they need to be stopped, well thats my opinion anyway, I have had friends that have been very sick from food they payed good money for and they suffered for weeks after.

Ashley

ashman

Postby dave M » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 pm

The most important thing, Ashley, is that you clearly don't have any trouble with Nortons and that's what we are all on here for.

The initial post has a disclaimer at the bottom to the effect that it is at least partially fiction, so I am not sure how much of it to take seriously.

dave M

Previous

Return to Access Norton Pub