Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

My Latest Ebay Purchase

Re: My Latest Ebay Purchase

Postby Al-otment » Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm

dennisgb wrote:Not a Norton but a cool bike none the less.

Sorry Dennis, but it's not cool and it's definitely not a bike - it's got three wheels. Trikes are vehicle number 4 in my list of vehicles which shouldn't be allowed out anywhere near a public road......vehicle number 1 is a car towing a caravan.
Mk3 Interstate
Flymo 350
Hoover Dust Manager

Al-otment
Inactive

Postby Time Warp » Sat May 10, 2014 1:36 am

The Sunbeam arrived early Tuesday morning after its 1100 odd km trip from Melbourne.
I checked the fluids all was good,a graunching sound from the rear end turned out to be the tyre/tire touching the rear mudguard only (they have a bronze crown wheel)
Hooked the 6 volt battery up,a splash of fuel,tickle the Amal 276 and it fired up first kick. :D
It runs very nicely for being over 64 years old,the forks are a little harsh so will get a full service shortly,it has one of the smoothest gearbox's (1 up / 3 down) even when first is selected,nothing,not even a click.
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
Time Warp
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 21

Postby olChris » Sat May 10, 2014 2:41 am

dennisgb wrote:Not a Norton but a cool bike none the less.

Yep your right Dennis, its a good looking piece of "nut, bolts n wheels"... If it "doe's it" for you, then thats all that matters... Enjoy the modern technoligy!!
72/750 Norton.
75/850 Norton
2008 Triumph Speedy by day...
New 2015 Project, 75 Onda Goldwing GL1000

olChris

Postby olChris » Sat May 10, 2014 2:52 am

Time Warp wrote:The Sunbeam arrived early Tuesday morning after its 1100 odd km trip from Melbourne.
I checked the fluids all was good,a graunching sound from the rear end turned out to be the tyre/tire touching the rear mudguard only (they have a bronze crown wheel)
Hooked the 6 volt battery up,a splash of fuel,tickle the Amal 276 and it fired up first kick. :D
It runs very nicely for being over 64 years old,the forks are a little harsh so will get a full service shortly,it has one of the smoothest gearbox's (1 up / 3 down) even when first is selected,nothing,not even a click.

1100k's??.......... Karratha isnt it ? more like 3000k's from Melbourne.. Yep and old unmolestered pieces of nuts, bolts n wheels, that run and are 60+ yr old, are as kooooooll as it gets...
72/750 Norton.
75/850 Norton
2008 Triumph Speedy by day...
New 2015 Project, 75 Onda Goldwing GL1000

olChris

Previous

Return to General Classic Motorcycle Discussion