Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Josh Brookes CONFIRMED as riding the Norton at TT 2017!

Here you can post what you like. It must be Motorcycle related.

Postby Bernhard » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:06 am

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/34761/josh-b ... t-tt-2017/

Bernhard

Re: Josh Brookes CONFIRMED as riding the Norton at TT 2017!

Postby acotrel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 am

What does this really mean ? Who buys sports bikes these days and what do they use them for ? To race one you'd need a huge budget and as a commuter or tourer, they would be useless. There is a video on Youtube which seems to be an IOM on-board a Ducati Supermono. To me that seems much more sensible.

acotrel

Postby gtsun » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Well I don't know about where you live but here in Southern California there are sport bikes everywhere not to mention people who can afford the new Nortons and bikes of that ilk. Unfortunately I'm not one of those people. But I for one am really glad to see Norton moving forward as a company and I really hope they can develop into something as mainstream as Triumph has done.
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
gtsun
VIP MEMBER

Postby acotrel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:08 pm

I have never owned a boxer BMW or a Goldwing, however either might be more suitable for commuting or touring than a sports bike. For road racing, a 500cc four stroke single can get anyone into enough trouble, provided the circuit is tight enough. If it is a big circuit a bigger bike is better, however it becomes the same game, only the crashes are bigger.

acotrel

Postby acotrel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:15 pm

I think the 961 Norton Commando will always be a success because, as with the older Commando and Harleys, they are rebuild-able and lend themselves to modification. If Norton try to play the same game as the Japanese, they must lose. There is no way the British or Australians for that matter, will ever develop the internalised controls of the Japanese workers. In Australia, we lose the plot too easily.

acotrel

Return to Motorcycle Related Discussions