Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Ignition module

Classic Norton Commando Motorcycles.

Re: Ignition module

Postby Nater_Potater » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm

mdt-son wrote:Hi,
My proposal is Pazon Altair, which is a simple, reliable and compact system backed by a 7.5 year warranty.
It works well at even low system voltage.
I'd also fit a 12V dual-output coil with a primary resistance of 3 to 4.5 Ohm, as recommended by Pazon.

Please enquire with Pazon about running this set-up in a battery-less environment.
Lucas does not recommend running RM alternators less battery ....

Knut

My experience with the Pazon Altair is nothing short of admiration, but, as Knut noted, there's a question on whether or not it will run battery-less. Unable to find any mention of such in their web site. If you get an answer from them, please post to the group.

Nathan
1974 Norton 850 Interstate

Nater_Potater

Postby gripper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:04 pm

The electric world ignition is triggered at the crank not the cam so should be accurate but as previously stated the alternator is tiny.

gripper

Postby madass140 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 pm

just a bit of a nudge here, has any members actually fitted one of these Electrex-World kits?

TK-102D- Digital Lighting/Ignition Alternator Kit
mylasttriton.jpg[img]mylasttriton.jpg[/img]
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
madass140
VIP MEMBER

Postby madass140 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 am

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... STK_2d102D

I'm not having much luck getting info from ElectrexWorld so I put my question to the members here.
If you look at the wiring diagram and their info in their link above, I cant see why their reg/rect can not be replaced with a "normal" one
so all AC generated power is converted to 13-14v DC for the battery. The ignition side of their system seems to be unrelated to the charging system.
I realize that the generator still is only around 50w, but thats not my concern.
your thoughts gentlemen
Don
madass140
VIP MEMBER

Postby madass140 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 am

well I asked Electrexworld if it was possible to convert the total 50-60w output to DC via a different reg/rect and they said
there wasnt much they could do with that unit, not sure why but good news
"We are unable to do much with the current system but we are developing a new ignition/generator for your Norton – 3 phase; 150 – 200W 100% DC
We hope to have this available in the next 2-3 months."
I hope to be early on the list for that one, exactly what I'm after.
madass140
VIP MEMBER

Previous

Return to Norton Commando Classic Motorcycles