Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

G15 / N15 parts lists

Re: G15 / N15 parts lists

Postby Rohan » Sat May 03, 2014 4:53 pm

I would agree with this, and this forum thrives on answering any and all questions.
The same poster is on other forums though also asking long and involved questions,
And a simple ask of what bike is this for got some noncommittal replies.
Something going on we are not being told about ?

Rohan

Postby dave M » Sat May 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Well Rohan, there are many other seemingly 'professional' posters who spend their lives on various fora, this in no way affects my life, or need affect yours - whatever floats their boat I say . The questions posed in this instance provided some answers that were helpful to me and hopefully to others, so it all seems perfectly innocuos to me.

I don't know Acebars personally, but if he or she is a member of the North Korean politburo and eats children, this is of no consequence to his or her participation on this forum or elsewhere (although I do hope Acebars doesn't ride a Honda!).

There are from time to time instances where posters are 'out of order' and where other members, including myself, are not shy to let them know. In the final instance the moderators step in to restore order, but I think you have perhaps chosen the wrong example on this occasion as apparently none of the other contributors to this thread can see anything wrong with the original question or indeed the questioner.

dave M

Postby Rohan » Sat May 03, 2014 7:10 pm

At one point, it seemed that roadholder forks, wheels and brakes were being fitted to a Yamahaha XS,
and Suzook GT550 and GT750 brakes got a lot of mentions.

That was after I politely enquired where all this enquiring/answering was going...

Rohan

Postby dave M » Sat May 03, 2014 8:49 pm

All of these things are within anyone's rights and I have seen many 'specials' tastefully done utilising parts from different marques, not so different to building a Triton, Tribsa, Tricati, or any other 'bitsa'. Personally I am not too fond of Choppers, Bobbers etc. but I have no problem that others build and enjoy them, surely there is enough room in our hobby for a bit of diversity.

dave M

Postby Rohan » Sat May 03, 2014 11:01 pm

dave M wrote:All of these things are within anyone's rights .

I wouldn't disagree with that.
But when I asked, didn't seem to get a direct reply, and then it seemed a touchy subject...

Rohan

Postby Acebars » Mon May 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Rohan wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with that.
But when I asked, didn't seem to get a direct reply, and then it seemed a touchy subject...

Come now, pot calling the kettle black.

That was after I politely enquired where all this enquiring/answering was going...

You mean stalking / playing internet detective on several forums. I've joined the AJS / Matchless forum under a different username so you can't stalk me there.

All of these things are within anyone's rights and I have seen many 'specials' tastefully done utilising parts from different marques, not so different to building a Triton, Tribsa, Tricati, or any other 'bitsa'. Personally I am not too fond of Choppers, Bobbers etc. but I have no problem that others build and enjoy them, surely there is enough room in our hobby for a bit of diversity.

Yea I was considering road holders on a different bike but the whole post was actually relevant to genuine interest in the different variations of the roadholder it is a great discussion for everyone who reads it.

Off topic it was going to be a tasteful special mixed Jap / Brit bike (I know the sacrilege!) but I've decided against that now in favour of a Matchless special I can call my own rather than the family relic that we currently have.

(although I do hope Acebars doesn't ride a Honda!).

I did ride a Honda :oops: and luckily for Brit bikes I learnt to wrench on them (so they bore the brunt of much amateurism).

I don't know Acebars personally, but if he or she is a member of the North Korean politburo and eats children

Your suggestion that we eat children greatly angers our supreme leader!

Acebars

Postby Rohan » Mon May 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Aha, the real you is coming out :roll: :roll:
Now folks can see why I was somewhat skeptikal with a k...

We look forward to seeing your project.

Rohan

Postby Acebars » Mon May 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Rohan wrote:Aha, the real you is coming out :roll: :roll:
Now folks can see why I was somewhat skeptikal with a k...

What on earth are you trying to suggest you silly little man?

Rohan wrote:We look forward to seeing your project.

... and I look forward to my personal internet stalker/troll making more appearances and topic derailments.. sigh :roll:

Acebars

Postby Rohan » Mon May 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Ah dear.....

Its the same here for all of us.
Post anything doubtful, and you can expect someone will question it.
Post utter nonsense, and someone will probably jump on it,
from a low height, initially.
From a great height, if the nonsense gets outta hand. !

Jist sayin.....

The search function will find a great deal on almost any subject.
Note that it looks for words IN the conversation, not the title,
unless you click something.

Rohan

Previous

Return to General Classic Motorcycle Discussion