Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Favorite Parts dealers?

Classic Norton Commando Motorcycles.

Favorite Parts dealers?

Postby oediehl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Hopefully it's OK to ask this question---is there any opinion (several, I'd imagine) regarding where it's best to shop for parts in USA? Also, is there a preferred aftermarket rear shock for the MK III ?

oediehl

Re: Favorite Parts dealers?

Postby grandpaul » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Fred & Ella at Old Britts in Washington state are my regular go-to Andover / Norton stockists for 12+ years now. Almost always 100% parts availability with great pricing and quick shipping with tracking. Plus, Fred knows his stuff when it comes to Commandos.

CNW is another good one in Colorado, I haven't done lots of business with them, but they have a fantastic reputation.

Walridge in Canada is geared more to the pre-Commandos, but also excellent.
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
too many bikes to list, including:
952 Prototype, MkIII Interstate, Combat Dunstall, Triton
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 30

Postby eskasteve » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Old Britts has always treated me well. Matt at Colorado Norton Works is also a stand up guy with cool parts that you cant get anywhere else. NYC Norton is another great resource as is Viking Exhaust. I have utilized the Norton Owners Club parts and service manual if my normal go to guys didn't have what I was looking for. By now most of the bad guys are out of business.

eskasteve

Postby Torontonian » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm in eastern Canada so use Walridge Motors. I give Mike and Kathy all my money happily.

Torontonian

Postby cNwRestomod » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Without doubt, Matt Rambow of Colorado Norton Works http://coloradonortonworks.com/ is simply the best for aftermarket parts and backs up everything he sells with unsurpassed support. cNw use and sell Hagon shocks on all their bikes, to answer your question.

Cheers, Bryan

cNwRestomod

Postby BillT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

I live in Broward county (near Ft. Lauderdale) so often go to Wes Scott Cycles for parts. Wes usually has the part in stock and he's only 20 minutes away.

When I order stuff, I usually deal with Walridge Motors because Mike stocks parts for my non-Commandos.

For the uniquely Matchless parts I need, the go-to is AMC Classic Spares in Beds, UK.

I've also bought from Old Britts, CNW, Clubman Racing, Norvil, RGM, Andover and ebay

Frankly, if you sell Norton parts, you're dedicated to the marque (and maybe a little crazy), and I've never had bad dealings with any of the vendors.
'73 Norton 850 Commando - 3030xx
'69 Norton Ranger 750 - P11/1289xx
'67 Matchless G15CS - G15CS/1235xx
'61 Matchless G80CS - 61/G80CS/41xx

BillT

Postby Stans850 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:22 pm

I agree, all the vendors have been good to me.
I use Fair Spares in CA for most of my needs. Advice has been spot on.
Matt at CNW is first rate, how can you argue with a guy who eats, sleeps, breathes Norton??
But I have to say I try to support my local Dallas Norton friends first, Keith @ Big D and Steve @ Preservation Cycle.

Stans850

Postby DogT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 pm

I've used nearly all of them. Seem to get the best deals from the UK even for being in the US depending on the currency rates. Walridge is good too and has parts that others don't have. RGM, Old Britts, Big D, MAP, Brit Bikes. Pays your money, takes your chances. I was burned by a guy in Chicago, can't remember his name, but he seems to be gone. But I did collect after 2 years for a set of S silencers after contacting the Cook County Attorney General. Old Britts is easiest for the US but I think a bit pricey, but fast service and good service, great people to deal with.
DogT
VIP MEMBER

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 pm

like DogT .... have used most suppliers , Brit Cycle is only an hour away though ..... have seen a fella in Edmonton AB is selling good quality parts at reasonable prices ... sorry I can't remember his name , when I do I will put it up
Craig
72 Combat Roadster 07 Ducati ST3s abs 07 MG Griso

Craig

Postby Fast Eddie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 pm

For me, it's:

Matt at cNw. (Constant at hNw also doing similar top class stuff).

Andover Norton

RGM.
Fast Eddie
VIP MEMBER

Postby grandpaul » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am

Stans850 wrote:...I use Fair Spares in CA for most of my needs. Advice has been spot on...

Yes, I second Phil's operation; right on par with Old Britts & CNW (forgot to mention him). He was especially helpful with my JPN restoration, and had the second-to-last set of black chrome bean can mufflers. (last set is now gone, expect to pay over a grand for a new set if you can get Viking to make them again)
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER

Postby dave M » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 am

Raber's Parts Mart in San Jose are first class, they have parts for many British bikes and in addition to new parts, machining and bike repair services, they let you root through and pick what you need from their extensive stock of 2nd hand parts.

dave M

Postby grandpaul » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 am

dave M wrote:Raber's Parts Mart ... machining and bike repair services ...

My understanding is that they've shut down the shop, and are focusing on parts/sales.
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER

Postby dave M » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

No they haven't shut, they are simply open for walk-in business fewer days a week than previously, as with most classic parts businesses I think most of their trade is mail order.

dave M

Postby concours » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm

I bought an inexpensive set of Emgo shocks that looked close to orig., they flapped out in 5,000 miles. Shopped them all and ended at the Ikon's. https://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/shop/7610-1653-sp9/

Couldn't be happier :mrgreen:
concours
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 0

Next

Return to Norton Commando Classic Motorcycles