Try again as Photobucket appears to be working...
Excellent! At least I can finally make it work
By the way this is my Dad's '62 Model 50 that he was working on converting to a short stroke 500 but did not complete before he died - asked me to finish (so the title of ES2 is not strictly correct)
The work done includes:
* BMW R80 barrel & piston (350cc out to 500cc)
* 32mm Mikuni flat slide carb (out from 25mm Amal)
* Porting & machining of head to suit both above (10.8:1 comp ratio)
* Ivan Tighe high lift, long duration cams
* Pazon ignition
* 12V negative earth rewire
* Oberg oil filter
* TickleTLS front brake
* Manx replica seat, mudguards, etc
* Norton Commando alloy primary cases (means no centre stand)
* Bob Newby belt primary drive
* X-ring final drive chain
* Ken Macintosh crank vent valves
* Pipemasters (Peter Grey) custom exhaust
* Home made oil tank, engine plates, gusset plates, rear sets, timber side covers, etc
Dynamic balance not considered worthwhile in single, but BMW piston lightened within 15g of original Norton 350 item.
Have Phil Pearson (Goldstar) racing piston to fit to BMW Nicasil barrel - will need machining & replating.
Have seen 108mph on original Smiths clock.
Brings a smile to my face every ride
Have many photos of the project stages if anyone interested