Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch

Here you can discuss anything you like. Please be polite and respectful.

Re: Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch

Postby Rohan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm

xbacksideslider wrote: the co-author is a lefty ghost writer.

You seem to use the word "left" waaay out of context. ?
Wanting to get a better world for all isn't a crime - yet.
AK47 waving revolutionaries are the REAL left...??

And then the phone hacking bizzo gets to Milly Dowling....

Rohan
Inactive

Postby xbacksideslider » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 am

Rohan wrote:

Out of context? It's a lefty book. The truth hurts. If you are ashamed :oops: of the Left, live with it. Or . . . . change.
Everyone wants a better world. Does the Left have a monopoly on wanting a better world ?
Revolutionaries don't need guns to harm society, they're "progressing" with that via control of the culture already.
John Laing
1973 750 #220000
1986 GSXR 1100
2008 CBR 1000
1986 Shelby GLHS #463

xbacksideslider

Postby Rohan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:10 pm

When you analyse US politics, its hard to find anyone who is anything but right wing !
Its been commented before that there is the right wing, the far right wing, the far far right wing, etc.
Conservative rules, OK - the more conservative the betterer...

Its difficult too to think of too many monarchies who have overthrown free thinking republics,
although Mr Cromwell might disagree :lol: :lol:
Or are you suggesting that Mr Trump is setting hisself up for a dynasty of Trumps ?

Rohan
Inactive

Postby auldblue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:38 pm

And he sayeth The meek shall inherit the earth,
But it's roads belong to commando 750's
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
auldblue
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 1

Postby Danno » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 am

xbacksideslider wrote:
Rohan wrote:

Out of context? It's a lefty book. The truth hurts. If you are ashamed :oops: of the Left, live with it. Or . . . . change.
Everyone wants a better world. Does the Left have a monopoly on wanting a better world ?
Revolutionaries don't need guns to harm society, they're "progressing" with that via control of the culture already.

Danno

Postby xbacksideslider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am

Rohan wrote:When you analyse US politics, its hard to find anyone who is anything but right wing !
Its been commented before that there is the right wing, the far right wing, the far far right wing, etc.
Conservative rules, OK - the more conservative the betterer...

Its difficult too to think of too many monarchies who have overthrown free thinking republics,
although Mr Cromwell might disagree :lol: :lol:
Or are you suggesting that Mr Trump is setting hisself up for a dynasty of Trumps ?

All of that is too cryptic -

". . . anything but right wing . . .?
". . . . Conservative rules . . ."?
". . . monarchies . . . ?
" . . . suggesting . . . dynasty . . "?

Please unpack it.
John Laing
1973 750 #220000
1986 GSXR 1100
2008 CBR 1000
1986 Shelby GLHS #463

xbacksideslider

Postby acotrel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:51 pm

In Australia we have a politician named Pauline Hanson. She is one of the people who hold the balance of power in the upper house of federal parliament. People also get into discussing her opinions - I don't know why they bother. I notice that Trump has been stone-walled over Obamacare.

acotrel

Postby motorson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm

On the Obamacare score you are going to see conservatives being glad that the Republican/Trump bill did not pass. Conservatives do not support a president just because he is in their party unlike American Liberals. I can find major faults with each president in my life time. (This, of course, does not mean that I am right. :) ) But, sadly, all of the liberals that I know have been in lock step with Obama and Hillary for the last 8 years. I have come to believe that Liberalism in America is a Religion and not a political set of opinions. If it was politics then you wouldn't have such blind devotion to policies that include lies and deception.
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
motorson
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 0

Postby Danno » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 pm

motorson wrote:On the Obamacare score you are going to see conservatives being glad that the Republican/Trump bill did not pass. Conservatives do not support a president just because he is in their party unlike American Liberals. I can find major faults with each president in my life time. (This, of course, does not mean that I am right. :) ) But, sadly, all of the liberals that I know have been in lock step with Obama and Hillary for the last 8 years. I have come to believe that Liberalism in America is a Religion and not a political set of opinions. If it was politics then you wouldn't have such blind devotion to policies that include lies and deception.

The lies and deception, blind devotion and ignorance of fact, ideology-over-all won out recently and has set about undoing anything that interferes with billionaires making more money. If that's not religion, tell me, what is? Neo-money-nazism has it's god, the almighty dollar and it's son has risen to power. Hallafukinlulah

Danno

Postby Rohan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Danno wrote:The lies and deception, blind devotion and ignorance of fact, ideology-over-all won out recently and has set about undoing anything that interferes with billionaires making more money. If that's not religion, tell me, what is?

It was not dissimilar conditions that produced the Oct 1917 revolution, 100 years ago this year.
Perhaps similar will be needed, for a truly reformist agenda. ??

Gun sales are reportedly at an all time high. Not coincidence ?

Rohan
Inactive

Postby Rohan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

motorson wrote:If it was politics then you wouldn't have such blind devotion to policies that include lies and deception.

The really scary thing is that some/many/all of these folks appear to be operating in a total vacuum,
and appear to believe in some/much/all of what they are saying !!!

3 little examples - some of them not so little.

Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Islamic State didn't arise because of the attacks on Iraq.
US Defense spending is falling "behind".

Falling behind who, we'd ask....
Source - Janes.

Rohan
Inactive

Postby Danno » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 am

My problem with right-wingers is not that they're 100% wrong about everything, it's that they're hypocrites.

Trump bitched about Obama's travel expenses even though his are going to be more in 1 year than Obama spent in 8.

He pissed and moaned about Obama playing golf, but he's played 13 rounds since the 1st of January.

He still denies he lost the popular vote, justifying his false accusations of voter fraud.

Every time he or one of his dupes is caught in an outright lie (an almost daily occurrence), their response is the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Lies, deceit, "alternative facts" are now apparently acceptable.

All you righties who voted for him are responsible for his results. You sure made Putin happy.

The "buyers' remorse" is growing by the hour.

He couldn't get enough support to overturn the ACA, but get ready for tax cuts for the rich, shackles off for polluters and the selling of public lands to pay the National Debt. Imagine showing up for vacation at Yosemite National Park by Exxon/Mobil and watching the oil rigs pump.

Danno

Postby acotrel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

There is a problem with 'facts'. Every 'fact' is based on probability. Probability affects risk, if you assess risk in terms of likelihood and potential consequences. Whenever I hear a 'fact', I always consider there might be an agenda which is a reason for modifying the truth. All lies are designed to benefit somebody. What annoys me is when people seize upon the most unlikely alternative and try to sell it as truth. The alternative is to believe in God and disregard the evidence.

acotrel

Previous

Return to Access Norton Pub