Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Corbin Carbon seats from cNw

Classic Norton Commando Motorcycles.

Corbin Carbon seats from cNw

Postby cNw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 am

Hey all,

I have offered a Corbin seats with a Carbon imprinted leather seat area for many years

Recently, Corbin have had some issues with a batch of this material failing with use

What happens is that the leather appears to be 'peeling'. Like a clear layer is coming off the top

If you have purchased a seat from cNw is experiencing this problem, please get a hold of me at the shop so I can get you taken care of

As it stands, due to the material issue, Corbin will recover the seat with a different one and we can talk about good options when you contact me

Apologize for any inconvenience

Thanks

Matt / Colorado Norton Works

Direct shop email: nortonworks@fone.net

http://www.coloradonortonworks.com
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
cNw
VIP MEMBER

Re: Corbin Carbon seats from cNw

Postby Jerry Doe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks Matt, for helping me get my Corbin seat replaced too due to this issue. I am sticking this topic for 30 days.
1975 MK3 Norton Commando
1971 Norton Commando
Aprilia Shiver 750

http://jerrydoe.com
http://rideClassics.com
https://dev2host.com
Jerry Doe
Site Admin
View Photo Album - Images: 104

Postby Anglophile » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 am

Hi, I posted about this very issue last year (the problem arose after a long ride in a downpour):

corbin-seat-issue-t24679.html

One solution is to scrub off ALL of the residue and apply copious amounts of leather conditioner over several days. My seat looks new a year after the issue -just keep it conditioned!
Aaron Bee
'71 Norton Commando 750

Anglophile

Postby jeffdavison » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Will Corbin work with others who have not bought this combination of materials from you Matt?
I have an example purchased 2nd hand last year in like new condition. It has not exhibited the failure (yet), tho I have not used it at all since purchased and has collected dust this winter.

Jeff

jeffdavison

Postby cNw » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

jeffdavison wrote:Will Corbin work with others who have not bought this combination of materials from you Matt?
I have an example purchased 2nd hand last year in like new condition. It has not exhibited the failure (yet), tho I have not used it at all since purchased and has collected dust this winter.

Jeff

Jeff,

You would have to contact Corbin at the their Hollister, California location about that one. While I am sure they would extend the warranty/replacement to the original purchaser, not sure how they treat re-sold seats

I have a lot of these seats out there that have no issues. I have just seen this on some relatively recent batches. I would just start using the seat and not worry about it.

Matt / Colorado Norton Works

www.coloradonortonworks.com
cNw
VIP MEMBER

Postby jimbo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 am

Does this style Corbin seat lower the seat height a lot?

Hope I didn't hijack your seat thread too much :)
jimbo
VIP MEMBER

Postby cNw » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 am

jimbo wrote:Does this style Corbin seat lower the seat height a lot?

Hope I didn't hijack your seat thread too much :)

It drops you about 1-1.5", depending on how tall your stock seat is.

The Corbin foam is very rigid compared to the soft cushion on the std seats.

Matt / Colorad Norton Works

www.coloradonortonworks.com
cNw
VIP MEMBER

Postby JimC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 am

Matt, I am shocked. You seem to have no business training, at all. Directly answering a customer's complaint is anti-ethical to the models taught in the better business schools. Admitting that your product has failed is especially egregious. Offering a customer a direct contact is never done with any company I've ever dealt with. A run around with phone menus is the preferred way of business. A customer is to be treated like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed horse shit. Hopefully, you'll change your way of doing business, otherwise customers will expect this kind of treatment from other business. Just think where that would lead to.
A man's worth is not measured by what he has achieved...It is measured by what he went through to achieve it.

If you smile every time you flip on the garage light, you own the right motorcycle.

JimC

Postby cNwRestomod » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:53 am

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it." Warren Buffett

I believe Matt has taken the Warren Buffett business model approach to heart; outstanding products and unequalled service support. Personally, I am ever so grateful and appreciative that there exists honesty and integrity in the business world.

~ Bryan

cNwRestomod

Postby Fast Eddie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 am

Matt is more an artist than a business guru IMHO.

He's doing what he loves and loves what he's doing.

That shows through in 'quality' as in the quality discussed by Robert M Persing...
Fast Eddie
VIP MEMBER

Return to Norton Commando Classic Motorcycles