Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Another T120 added to the fold

Re: Another T120 added to the fold

Postby daveh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 am

grandpaul wrote:It was/is just a plain rubber hose 'till the D-shaped ones came out (69/70?)

OK, thank you.

daveh

Postby daveh » Mon May 22, 2017 6:09 am

I have another question for Bonnie experts, especially Grandpaul.

Since my Bonnie is a '67, it should have the ignition switch mounted in the left hand side panel. Mine has the later side panel, without a hole for the switch. Looking at the 1967 and 1968 Parts Books, I see that the '67 side panel has two lugs at the top. My side panel has two rubber grommets and mounts on two pins on the rear frame rail and a screwed knob at the top and front.

My question is: is the '67 rear frame (or subframe) different to the later subframes? If so, are there additional brackets on the rear frame to mount the side panel which is correct for that year? And if there are additional or different brackets/mounting points, could someone post some photos, please?

I could leave the existing arrangement as is, but I have a new '67 wiring loom so I might as well get the correct side panel.

Dave

daveh

Postby grandpaul » Mon May 22, 2017 9:41 am

I'd have to go back and compare details, they did change from certain years to subsequent years.

You can always just drill a hole in the sidecover you have, if it's not a concours 100 point bike...
GrandPaul
author "Old Bikes"
too many bikes to list, including:
952 Prototype, MkIII Interstate, Combat Dunstall, Triton
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
grandpaul
VIP MEMBER
View Photo Album - Images: 30

Postby daveh » Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am

grandpaul wrote:I'd have to go back and compare details, they did change from certain years to subsequent years.

You can always just drill a hole in the sidecover you have, if it's not a concours 100 point bike...

Thanks Grandpaul, I will wait to hear back from you at your leisure but will explore making a hole in the existing side cover.

daveh

Previous

Return to Triumph (Classic)