Welcome to the Access Norton Forum. Login as a VIP member to remove the advertising banners.

Alan Cathcart Race Bike Tests Book

(120 day listing) Access Norton is not affiliated with the parts for sale in anyway. By buying anything you are working directly with the seller.

Alan Cathcart Race Bike Tests Book

Postby lcrken » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 am

"Classic Motorcycle Racer Tests" by Alan Cathcart, published 1984, ISBN 0-85045-589-8. Bought new by me and in like new condition.

Good articles on Monocoque JPN, 350 Manx, RGB Weslake, Big D Triumph, etc. race bikes.

$20 with shipping included to anywhere in US.

Ken
Access Norton VIP Paying Member
lcrken
VIP MEMBER

Re: Alan Cathcart Race Bike Tests Book

Postby gtsun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Seems like a good price Ken and I would be tempted to buy it except for the sad fact that my good friend and riding partner Rich Pappini passed away last year and I inherited a couple of crates full of his motorcycle books. He had raced so a lot of them are race related and he liked A. Carhart. You might remember him, he raced at Willow Springs many times when you were there and always talked fondly of you. Glenn.
gtsun
VIP MEMBER

Postby lcrken » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:55 am

Hi Glen, I remember Rich quite well. He was kind of like me on the race track, not being the quickest rider on the grid, but making up for it with enthusiasm. I'm sorry to hear that he is no longer with us.

Ken
lcrken
VIP MEMBER

Postby gtsun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 am

I'm glad you remember him.. And yes he really loved ridding, I think it was the only thing that really brought joy to him for many years until his grandson was born. He had a very rare form of Pancreatic cancer. That and a heart attack ended his racing but we still rode the canyons togeather until his health got to bad about three years ago. I have his Ducati S2 1000 Monster and try in vain to give it the workouts he did... It was always a joy to ride with him.
gtsun
VIP MEMBER

Return to For Sale